Monday, October 03, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/03/2022 }

 
 
 
Good morning friends, welcome back.   
 
This has been a bit of a busy week.  I stepped back just ever so slightly, from my blog and even Instagram, choosing instead to tackle some very much needed projects around my house.  Master closet, hallway closet, linen closet, and hubby got sick with a stomach bug the past two days, so I've been helping him with that too.
 
But I'm glad to be back, and to share again.  I'm sorry I didn't get around to your HHM posts last week, I will get on track again starting today, so more visiting, more comments and more posting.  
 
Here we are, the first Happy Homemaker Monday post of October.  It may be one of my favorite months of the year, as I love Autumn so much, but then December rolls around and I'm very much looking forward to that too.
 
I made a new picture to use this month, if you want to use it, feel free to grab it.
 
Hope you all have a wonderful blessed week. 




♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Gorgeous, crisp, cool.  Perfect.  Our temperatures are finally dropping and we're very happy for that. 

Monday - Sunny, 87
Tuesday - Sunny, 88
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 88
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 88
Friday - Partly cloudy, 78
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 76  
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 84



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
I have the sprinkler on in the garden, because we haven't had rain in about a month.  The birds are in heaven, they have flooded the garden, playing in the puddles, and enjoying all the water available to them.  I can sit for hours just watching them.  They lift their wings up, alternating between each one, to take in the water.  It's quite sweet to see.     
 
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Catching upon some homemaking vlogs, and working on this post. 



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

Just planning in my mind what I need to do this week.   

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

I'm doing well, feeling a bit tired because we haven't slept well with Curt's stomach bug.  But, that's ok, i will find some time today to sit for a bit and get some rest.   
 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

I just had a cup of coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer.  I'm thinking I may do instant pot oatmeal for breakfast.        
 


♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

Salad.  I've been really enjoying salads, just plain lettuce, onion, tomato and cucumber with salt and pepper, and some olive oil.        



♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Slow Cooker Potato Soup, Baked Grilled Cheese and Ham Sandwiches.   

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
At the moment I'm being lazy and still wearing my pajamas.  They are silk pink short and top pajamas.  I WAS wearing my robe though because it's a bit chilly at the moment and I have my window open to let in the fresh air.    
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Reading through Isaiah in the Bible.
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional.
Morning and Evening Devotional by Charles Spurgeon.   
I set aside the Wild Beauty book, I wasn't enjoying it, so need to grab a different one to read.



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
The Orville - We're on season 2 and really, really enjoying this series.
Homemaking vlogs
House of Dragons
The Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon Prime
The Serpent Queen
The Great British Bake Off 
Lucy Worsley Investigates on PBS



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 
Monday - Slow Cooker Potato Soup, Baked Grilled Cheese and Ham Sandwiches  
Tuesday - Ranch Chicken Tacos, Cilantro Lime Rice
Wednesday - Roast Chicken and Potatoes, Sauteed Greens
Thursday -   Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad
Friday - Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti
Saturday - Carne de Panela, Basmati rice, Beans, Roasted Squash
Sunday - Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

The windows are open to let in the fresh morning air.  I have some laundry in the dining room, that I folded and need to put away.        



♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Need to run downtown for an errand
- Iron some work shirts for Curt
- Start the potato soup in the crockpot
- Make another coconut pie.  I have half of the filling left from the Wicks Pie Contest.


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
This is my favorite and most beloved candle.  I bought it about 15 years ago, at the Arizona Renaissance Faire.  The Royal Candlemaker Booth was always one of my favorites to visit, and if I could, I would have bought them all.  This was the most expensive candle I've ever purchased, I think it was $40 or $45.....but well worth the money.
 
They make intricate designs, and different colors too.  Check out their website, I've linked it above, if you're interested.  I think these would make a beautiful gift, maybe for Christmas?
 
I've had it for 15 years and it's still the most beautiful, intricate candle I've ever seen. 
 
 


♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
It really is true that peace in times of trouble is not found in figuring out your life, but in worship of the One who has everything figure out already.    
 
— New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp 


10 comments:

Luludou said...

Thanks for the new picture. Looks like you've got lots of closets done! Great idea to bake the grilled cheese sandwiches. It is a beautiful candle. Have a great week

threesidesofcrazy said...

Glad your temperatures seems to be coming down a bit. I hope they take a bigger drop next week. I LOVE ALL the "BER" months, but October is probably the best of them all :D

You threw me for a minute with the header :HA HA: I really wanted to watch Orville's new season, but just can't justify yet another streaming service :( so will wait on that one.

The pie contest sounds fun. Good Luck. Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Glad you are doing well, and are blogging here in your cozy place. I see your meal plan includes lime cilantro rice. My favorite! Have a cozy day, my friend.

Jean said...

Hope your husband is feeling much better and that none of the rest of you get the stomach bug. It's been so dry here as well. I absolutely love your devotion for this week, needed to hear it. Hope you have an amazing week!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Great picture and I love potatoes soup. My favorite. Have a good week.

Jodi said...

I am so ready for the cooler weatherl, that means crock pot meals, soups, chili.... mmmmm Oh that candle is so pretty!! Have a great Monday!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Sandra! I have been knocking out home projects too! I think we're nesting before winter hits. Lol Your menu this week is making me so hungry!! And I love that candle - it is stunning. Blessings on your week! xo

Monique G. said...

Hope you have a wonderful week! The candle is beautiful. I'm a little jealous of your weather. It's been cold and rainy here.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

PS: I did a fun All Things Autumn post today and tagged you in case you're interested in playing along dear Sandra! Just thought it'd be fun. Blessings. xo

Schotzy said...

Wow, your temps are still really up there.. I need to get over it when our daily high climbs up to 74. I am just so enamored with low sixties. I am truly a sweater girl. Sorry Curt is not well. If you’re like me life isn’t the same when hubs is sick. I love how you are using the instapot and slow cooker . I think I’m asking Santa for an instapot this year. I think I’m really out of the loop. Your candle still looks like new . I was going through the candles we have and had to throw out about half because of discoloration and marring. Hope you have a blessed rest of your weekend and don’t catch anything yourself! Take care! Schotzy