Monday, October 17, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday -10/17/2022 }

 
 
 
Good morning friends, and a very happy Monday to you all. 
 
October so far, has been a bit of a wonky one for me.  I haven't had time for much blogging, just the bare minimum.  Curt has also been sick, he had a stomach bug which he shared with me last week, then got a cold, which he also shared with me.  It's wonderful having such a wonderful husband that shares the good and bad right?  *snicker*     
 
Hopefully things calm down a bit.  I have my Women's check up this afternoon, which I never look forward to, I just find it so awkward, but necessary.  I'm thanking God ahead for a good appointment.
 
Now, let's get going with our post for today.  I apologize for not visiting you all or leaving comments, it's just been nuts around here. 
 


♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It's cold.  I've been wanting to say that for a while.  Woke up to 50 degrees, and we've had quite a bit of rain the past two days, which has kept the temperatures nice and cool.  We are not completely out of the hot weather yet, but at least we have a few days of cooler temps to even it out.      

Monday - Mix of clouds and sun, 66
Tuesday - Sunny, 62
Wednesday - Sunny, 70
Thursday - Sunny, 79
Friday - Sunny, 86
Saturday - Sunny, 89  
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 85



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
It's quite cloudy and grey.  There is also a slight breeze coming in. 
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Just sat down on my bed to get this post up.  The fur babies are asleep next to me, and I've got All Creatures Great and Small on the TV.    



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

About my appointment this afternoon, and also about our budget and groceries.  Our food budget has doubled, and I'm not even buying as much meat as I usually did.  I need to try and work out the budget again but honestly, I can't cut anymore on the food.  It's really frustrating.  I am praying for us all through this difficult situation.     

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

I'm ok, sick with a cold, but I'll be seeing my doctor this afternoon anyway, and if I need something more, she will prescribe it.       
 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

I've had two cups of coffee already.  One at 6am and one now at almost 9am.  It's cold this morning, and I needed that extra energy and warmth.  I also had two slices of toast with butter.             
 


♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

Not sure, I haven't been eating much the past few days, just not feeling very hungry.  I will either have spaghetti leftovers or a salad. 
 
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken, Rice, Sauteed Greens.       

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black leggings, and a long sleeve brown and tan long top.      
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Reading through Isaiah in the Bible.
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional.
Morning and Evening Devotional by Charles Spurgeon.   
Started The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James.
The Return of the Gods by Jonathan Cahn.



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Star Trek Strange New Worlds
Vlogtober vlogs
House of Dragons
The Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon Prime
The Serpent Queen
The Great British Bake Off 
All Creatures Great and Small



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 
Monday - Slow Cooker Italian Chicken, Rice, Sauteed Greens  
Tuesday - Sausage Potato Casserole, Salad
Wednesday - Texas Toast Sloppy Joes, Onion rings
Thursday -   Slow Cooker French Onion Chicken, Egg Noodles, Fried Cabbage with Bacon
Friday - Cheese Ravioli with Meat Sauce, Garlic Knots
Saturday - Beijing Chicken and Rice, Egg Rolls
Sunday - Leftovers



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

The back patio door is open,  and there is the most wonderful crisp breeze coming in through the screen.  There are blankets on the couch that I need to fold, some vacuuming to do and some dusting too.  But the house is nice and cozy on this cold morning.            



♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Tidy up the house
- Women's Annual Check Up this afternoon


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
We have so many deer in our yard, they come here every night to eat.  But as always, there are one or two who become a bit territorial with the others.  Usually I just yell out my window for them to stop it, and be nice....and funny enough they listen  Hahahah
 
These two males were not full on fighting, but kept getting in each others' faces.  Isn't nature amazing?  To be able to see this with my own eyes and watch them interact so close, is fantastic.     
 

 

♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
What we have known of our faithful God, proves that He will keep us to the end. 
 
— Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon


16 comments:

Julieann said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon. Stomach bugs are not fun at all. Those woman checkups are awkward, I agree.....Hope yours goes well!
YOUR MENU!!!!! I may have to rethink mine. Yours sounded absolutely amazing.
I am not ready for the cold...I am ready for the seasons, but not the cold, if that makes sense.....
I love your blog so much, and thank you so much for letting me join in. I was super excited to do this ☺
Hope you feel better, rest and drink lots of liquids.
xo
Julieann

Jodi said...

Sharing bugs back and forth are no fun! I hope you both fell better soon!! I need to revamp my menu, as yours is oh so yummy sounding! I need to get my hubs on board with trying new things, the same ole, same ole is not cutting it anyore! Those deer, so cool!!! Happy Monday!

GranthamLynn said...

I hope you feel better. Must be going around over there. My grandson had it. Thanks for the party!

Heather Ortega said...

I hope you feel better soon and that your doctor appointment goes well. Food and gas prices are so out of control right now. I'm in California and when I went to go get gas on Sat. I paid $6.27 a gallon at the cheapest place I could find. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Hope you feel better soon. What an amazing photo of the deer. The one with the leg up looks angry ha ha!

Aritha Vermeulen said...

I hope you start to feel better. This is where the ambrosia blooms. You can suffer a lot if you are sensitive to pollen in the fall. Nice to read another blog from you. The deer photo is great. They can scream really loud. We call that "burlen".

Thank you so much for he closing quote.

Jean said...

What a great photo of the deer! Hope you feel better soon and everyone else stays healthy now. Have a wonderful week!

Luludou said...

beautiful picture of the deers. Hope all went well with your appointment and that you feel better soon. Have a great week!

Schotzy said...

Hope you got a good report today. I am always to glad to get behind me! I love the photo you captured!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I hope and pray your appointment went well, and you are home, cozy as can be. Your meal plan sounds delicious. I am doing meatloaf, shrimp fajitas, and an Irish stew this week. The cold weather is arriving, so I am getting my crockpot out and ready! Feel better and have a cozy evening!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Being sick is never fun . And colds are the worst. We are gray too but rain after days of dry weather. Take care

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend! I hope that you feel better and no more allergy yuck either. And I pray your check up went well too. I love seeing your gorgeous yard - deer included on insta too. And your beautiful and cozy home. Blessings. xo

Jackie See said...

I pray that your appointment went well and your prayers were answered. Thank you for hosting Happy Homemaker Monday Blog share. It is so nice to read what others are doing and cooking.

threesidesofcrazy said...

So sorry to hear you and Curt are feeling poorly. I hope your check up went well and the doctor was able to help with your other symptoms. Great picture capture of the deer! Your menu sounds delicious! Have a GREAT rest of the week.

Monique G. said...

Sorry to hear that you've been sick. Praying that you feel better soon!

Mandy said...

Hate to hear you have been feeling rough. I sure hope things get better and you feel better soon! Beautiful picture of the deer. Your autumn blog theme is too cute!