Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Grocery Shopping, Bill Paying, House Cleaning...


So went my day. Pay days are usually the busiest for me, they start early and end late in the evening, when I finally sit down and take the weight off my feet, giving my weary body a much needed break.

This morning started with a trip to the commissary, now for some shopping is frustrating and annoying, but I love it. I love being able to take my time and slowly move around the store, looking through the items, picking the right one for my family and comparing prices.


The food is bought and the refrigerator is full.....and clean. I always give it a good cleaning before I put the new groceries in. But looking at the photo you would think the last shelf was dirty, but it's not....it's scratched. One of the perks of being a military family and constantly being on the move, we know all the appliances in these houses have been used by numerous families.


Bringing the mail in and finding two new Netflix movies to watch. Always makes me smile. If you're wondering what it is, it's Duchess of Duke Street.

After doing some dishes, washing more laundry and and then a quick pick up of the living room area, Curt and I headed to the school.

Jasmine had a Dance Show she was participating in. She was so nervous yesterday and actually told me she would prefer to stay home.

Now here's the thing, I don't ever force my kids to do things they don't want to do, hence the reason why they are not signed up for any after school activities.

I talked to her and told her that I would like her to go, that she would enjoy it and it would be something to remember her Fourth Grade year by....but I also let her know that I wouldn't force her and if she really felt strongly against doing it, I would oblige.

After some thought she decided that she would just go for it and try to have fun. I'm so glad she did, and so is she because she loved it and told us that if she had decided not to participate she would have been regretting it now.

I'll upload the video for you tomorrow....

While I'm typing up this post, the wind is howling outside, the tree branches slamming against our windows. Just look at my lemons falling from the tree.....

Yep, looks like rain is on the way.

I'm going to go switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer, pay some more bills and spend some time with the kiddos.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Wednesday.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

now THAT'S what I call a full refridgerator! I've given you an award-come and get it!

Susanne said...

Is it my imagination or is the middle shelf bowing and groaning under the weight of all that good food. ;v) I love grocery shopping day. I don't necessarily like all the putting away but it sure is a satisfying feeling to see the fridge and cupboards full for the family!

Jill said...

I love grocery shopping, too...IF I get to do it alone. I usually treat myself to a Starbucks and go early on Sunday mornings. And I also clean and wipe out my refrig. before I shop, too.

Mozi Esme said...

Sounds like a fine typical day! Love your photo of the kitchen counter - it looks so "normal"...

Now that taxes are done, I should get to the kitchen counter, too. It's there somewhere... Maybe THEN I'll tackle the fridge.

heidi @ ggip said...

I think you dealt with the dance event perfectly. How graceful of you! And I'm sure your children will love you more for it.

Amy said...

2 of my favorite things in the whole world are a stocked fridge and a stocked pantry! ;) Such a great feeling isn't it??

Sounds like a wonderful day! I am sure that Jasmine did wonderful! Can't wait to see the video.

Hope you enjoy watching your new flicks.. I have to tell ya, I love love love "period" movies.. I was laughing at your last post about the... I had just seen Atonement and Australia... my o my Hugh Jackman... woo wee... need I say more! gulp! He makes me weak!

Hugs.. Amy

Tina Leigh said...

Where's the mayo Sandra? LOL! You know I hate going to the store and the older I get the more I hate to do any shopping at all! AND it seems we never have anything to eat....at least that is what my husband says. He means junk food!! LOL!