Thursday, April 23, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday


Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.


Honey Orange Chicken by alfagee.

Gayle’s Honey Orange Chicken



8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs — frozen
1/2 cup honey
1 cup orange juice
1 cup chicken stock or broth
2 tsps. worcestershire sauce
2 tsps. fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp. wasabi paste
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 12 oz pkg. frozen broccoli cuts
2 tbsps. cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup orange juice (optional)


Directions

1. Put the frozen chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Good luck prying it out of the package.
2. Whisk together all the ingredients, up to the broccoli. You won’t need the broccoli until later and it will just muck up your whisk, anyway.
3. Pour the liquid mix over the chicken. Put the lid on, set your crockpot to either low (cooking time is about 7-8 hours) or high (5-6 hours) depending on how patient you are. Now, walk away.
4. About one hour before you want to eat, throw in the frozen broccoli. Do not stir. Cover the pot and walk away again.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty.. I will have to look to find the wasabi paste.

Renee said...

Sounds great! Thanks for hosting this. So glad to hear Jasmine is doing better.

Blessed Beyond said...

This sounds really good! Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

looks delicious

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

Sandra yours looks yummy-I am going to save it for another day!

Lori said...

Would you believe I've never ever cooked anything with orange juice! I really do need to try this...it looks great!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, the honey orange chicken sounds great! Have you made this before, Sandra? I'm wondering how important the wasabi is. I don't have that on hand but have everything else....

Have a great day!

The Raggedy Girl said...

That sounds really good. I love things with citrus, the more the better.

Hope Jasmine is feeling better now.

The Raggedy Girl-Roberta Anne

Sandy said...

Looks mouth watering going to have to try it real soon on my family.

Mari said...

Yummy! I love Orange Chicken so will have to try this one.

Unknown said...

Chicken is good and this looks and sounds great.

Kimmie said...

Oh that looks so good - I'm definitely going to give it a try!

I'm so glad I found this meme through a blog I follow. I am ALWAYS looking for slow cooker recipes, so I'll definitely be here each week. :)

heidi @ ggip said...

The broccoli in this recipe surprised me. Sounds good though.

Stacia said...

I made this last night and thought it was very good!
Thanks for such an easy and healthy recipe Sandra!