Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Wanna Try That Wednesday!

Wanna Try That Wednesday


- I've been wanting to make Homemade Laundry Detergent for a long time, so while searching the internet for a good recipe, I came across this one from Instructables. Sounds easy enough!

- With all the craziness and the recalls on Peanut Butter lately, I'm thinking I may just start making my own, and maybe even get the kids involved.

- I'm going Easter Egg crazy, crochet and fabric etc, but then I stumbled across these Secret Pocket Easter Eggs and thought....YEAH, I should make one each for the kids and hide it during their Egg Hunt. I'm sure they'll love that!

- I just have to try these Baby Bluebird Cupcakes from Annie's Eats, I mean, have you ever seen anything cuter?

- And if that is enough to make me drool, I came across this Butterscotch Finger Cake which I just absolutely.positively MUST TRY.

- I'm always looking for great movies to add to my Netflix Queue, and North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell is one I am wanting to see. Unfortunately it's not available at Netflix, but I'll have to hunt it down somewhere else.

- I'm starting my Spring Cleaning and Julia at Ohdeedoh, posted a wonderful link to help us courtesy of TLC.

- I LOVE English Muffins and Pennies on a Platter has a great recipe to make some.

- My kids love bubbles and I hate buying them because they make a mess, and they're sticky and half the time they don't work right. But when I saw the huge bubbles Candace at Sparkle Power made, I just knew I had to try them. Guess what we'll be making this weekend?

- Since I'm into crocheting right now, I'm thinking this Crochet Clothespin bag may just be my next project.

- I smiled when I read this post from Attic 24. She summarized so well what I feel with my children and how sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in the everyday life and instantly say no to every little question the kids ask.

- Oh and before I forget, we're also making Flubber this weekend. I saw it over at Scribbit and then this morning over at Knowledge House Academy, it just made me want to go ahead and make it. Should be a very productive and fun filled weekend with the kids, there will be tons of photos to share, I'm sure.

11 comments:

The Bookworm said...

I make liquid washing detergent using a similar recipe - it is very easy and works as well as commercial non-biological detergents for a fraction of the price.

Have you watched the BBC series of Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell? If you haven't, you might want to add it to your list.

Cheri said...

Isn't that so true how without realizing it you're saying no to everything without even thinking it through! Something I need to work on.

Bonnie said...

I am so going to try making flubber with the kids this weekend. We got that movie from the library last week and I think they've watched it about 5 times already !!!

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Check out our review of Soapnuts. We love washing our clothes with them and they are completely natural and fairly inexpensive.

http://a-heart4home.blogspot.com/2009/03/etsy-shop-showcase-giveaway-nine-lucky.html

Renee said...

Great list of links! So much I want to try this upcoming week. Thanks!

American Homemaker said...

I'm really liking my homemade laundry soap.

Pamela said...

Those Baby Bluebird Cupcakes are just adorable!

Susanne said...

Shalee at Shalee's Diner makes her own laundry soap, too. She's posted it before and I'm sure she'd share it again with you if you wanted. I've never tried homemade myself.

Allie Z said...

This list looks great!! I'm Sooooo making the english muffins with my new birthday mixer!!! I'll link up on Monday. :)

Q- have you participated in the produce co-op yet?? www.bountifulbaskets.org

Have you seen this site: http://www.herosalute.com/cavatx/index.html ? I was thinking you should check it out as you plan your summer vacation. FREE admission to SeaWorld for activite military folks and up to 3 dependents. Wow!!

~Allie

elizabeth embracing life said...

This is all worth saving for all those links are amazing and fun. Just today I made home made waffles and will spend the better part of Thursday making a boatload to freeze. My kids love almond butter with jam on a waffle.

Keeper of the Home said...

I had found a bar of Zote on clearance at Target a few weeks ago for $0.49 and bought it with the intent to make homemade laundry powder. In fact, it has been on my mind all this week to get batch done, but your post really sparked me to want to get in there and get moving on it.

Let us know hoe things turn out when you make it.