Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ministry of Motherhood Book Study

 
I am a firm believer in the fact that God leads us to certain places, sites, people and I am absolutely sure that it wasn't by mere chance or accident that while browsing around the internet today, I happened to land on Good Morning Girls.

If you were to ask me how it happened, I can tell you that I have no clue.  I can't even remember what I was searching online, where I was going or how I ended up on that website but I'm SO very glad I did.

What I do know is that I was just thinking that I would love to find a good Bible Study or some sort of Christian Book Club that I could do during the summer.  Low and Behold, I found it.



The girls over at Good Morning Girls and over a thousand ladies from all over the world, are joining together, reading Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson and doing the Book Study, holding each other accountable and supporting one another.  I don't have the book but that's ok, the girls say you don't need to have the book to follow along.

Unfortunately for me, the study started 2 weeks ago, so I've already missed the first two weeks, now I could have just said "Oh well too bad, maybe next time", but then again that's exactly what Satan would love me to do right?  Turn my back on the Lord and his word.

Not going to happen, what I HAVE decided to do is start the study this week and just follow along, instead of finishing up with everyone on August 15th, I'll just finish up at the end of August :)

The first week was all about learning how to use the S.O.A.P method for studying scripture.

What does S.O.A.P stand for?
Scripture ~ writing down the Scripture passage for the day and focusing on it.
Observation ~ Writing down 1-2 observations from that Scripture passage. What do you hear God saying to you?
Application ~ How does the passage apply to you right now in your daily life?
Prayer ~ Write a prayer based on the passage ~ be honest!
I'm sure you can still go on and join in with the rest of the girls, I just don't want to be rushed or feel like I'm trying desperately to catch up and given that I want to devote as much time as I can to each week, I would rather go it alone.....but here's the thing, if any of you out there want to join me, feel free to.  I will put up a Mr Link every Saturday when I share what I have learned that week during the Study. 



I've made a binder for myself to use and printed out one of the Cover Sheets that the GMG have available.

Cover Sheet 1
Cover Sheet 2
Cover Sheet 3

To see the Reading Plan for yourself, just click on the link below and print out the sheet, it shows you every single week, what to read and what to expect for the next 3 months.

Ministry of Motherhood Reading Plan


In the book Sally Clarkson talks about ministering to our children and or she calls them, our "in home disciples", I love that. 

Sally and her husband refer to their plan for ministering as “Life Gifts,” because as they explain, passing on a spiritual heritage to our children is a gift to both the parents and children. Using the “GIFT” acronym, we have a glimpse into their plan:


G – Gift of Grace
I – Gift of inspiration
F – Gift of Faith
T – Gift of Training
S – Gift of Service

With that purpose in mind, we will also be given G.I.F.T pages to print out each week.

Here's the one for week two.

G.I.F.T.S. Print-Out
Every week they will also give out the Weekly Studies to print out, thankfully you can also find them all on one page which makes it so much easier for those of us starting late :)

Here are all the Weekly Studies you'll need:

Week 1 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 2 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 3 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 4 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 5 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 6 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 7 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 8 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 9 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 10 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 11 S.O.A.P. Print-Out
Week 12 S.O.A.P. Print-Out

Here is also a great little video by the book author Sally Clarkson where she talks a little bit more about the book and the study :)



So there you have it, I will begin this week and next week Saturday the 4th of June, I will do my first post about it and share what I've learned this week. Hope you get to join in too and if you can't or don't want to, that's fine as well, maybe you can just read my weekly posts and follow along on my journey through the next 3 months :)


Don't forget to go on over to Good Morning Girls and read all the wonderful posts on this Book Study.  You can also check out their message boards, you can find a group to join for this study or you can just connect with other women reading along on this Ministry of Motherhood.

I can't tell you how excited I am to get started, I'm going to purchase the book too even though I don't need it for this study, but I am really dying to read it.

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)

No comments: