Thursday, January 05, 2012

{ Cooking Thursday }

cookingthursday
If you want to use the picture, just click here for the original.


Morning everyone, hope you're ready with a recipe for today's Cooking Thursday.  :)

Just a reminder, since it's the beginning of the year and all, cooking Thursday is all about sharing recipes that you either have tried and loved or want to try in the future, and remember that it doesn't have to be food either.  You can share a recipe for laundry detergent, or soap making or candle making, or herb mixture or even a cleaner :)

So on to today's, oh and if you notice Cooking Thursday also got a makeover, hope you like the new button ;)


Creamy Chocolate Mousse

Creamy Chocolate Mousse

6 eggs
1 can condensed milk
1 bar of milk chocolate (I like using the Hershey’s Giant bars)
1 tablespoon of butter
Separate the egg whites from the yolks.


Creamy Chocolate Mousse

Add the yolks to a mixing bowl and pour in the can of condensed milk. Beat until creamy.


Creamy Chocolate Mousse

In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.


Creamy Chocolate Mousse

Break the chocolate into small pieces, add to a microwave safe bowl, add in the tablespoon of butter and microwave for a minute. Remove and stir well until chocolate is completely melted.
Add the chocolate mixture to the egg yolk and condensed milk mixture, stir well to incorporate.
Fold in the egg whites, a little at a time until well combined.


Creamy Chocolate Mousse

Pour into a serving dish and top with some slivered almonds. (you can omit those if you don’t like them, but I love them on the mousse)
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.



I've been making this recipe for many many years, it's a Portuguese recipe that I've had in my little book tucked away :)  Hope you enjoy it.

5 comments:

Mari said...

I love the new button, and the mousse looks yummy! I don't have a recipe today as I'm trying to finish up my Christmas posts. I'm joining you tomorrow for your favorite things though!

Rita said...

Oh, that seems delicious! The photographs invite to try out this recipe. Only raw egg yolk, we should not eat in the Netherlands: high risk samonella. Very nice thing to do every Thursday.
Have a nice day!

Sweet Tea said...

Day 3 of my diet.
I want to lick my ipad screen - that looks soooooo good!!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Looks delicious. I wish I had some right now!

Angi Bosley said...

My son is home sick today....and a chocoholic! I've got to try this for him! Do you think chocolate chips would work? I can only try... :)