Cooking Thursday - Kentucky Hot Brown Tart6:39 AM
Thursday, again.....wasn't it Thursday just yesterday????
I often say that time is flying, but goodness, it really is just flying isn't it?
Anyway, here is today's recipe, hope you enjoy :)
Kentucky Hot Brown Tart
1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded white Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Unroll piecrusts; stack on a lightly greased surface. Roll stacked piecrusts into a 12-inch circle. Fit piecrust into a 10-inch deep-dish tart pan with removable bottom; press into fluted edges. Trim off excess piecrust along edges. Line piecrust with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Place pan on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Remove weights and foil from piecrust, and bake 8 more minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet on a wire rack (about 15 minutes). Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
2. Layer turkey and next 3 ingredients in tart shell on baking sheet.
3. Whisk together half-and-half and next 3 ingredients; pour over turkey.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until set.
5. Place tomatoes in a single layer on paper towels; press tomatoes lightly with paper towels. Arrange over top of tart, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 15 minutes.