Monday, February 04, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/04/2013

Good morning friends, hope this Monday finds you well rested and ready for the week ahead.


The Weather:::
59 degrees right now.  We had a little more rain yesterday, not much but some sprinkling and a cloud covered Sunday.  I'm hoping for some warm weather today as I would like to get out in the backyard to do some work.   

Right now I am:

Enjoying my cup of coffee and the quiet around me.  Sitting in my pj's with my warm boots, with my Lola snuggled against me. 

Thinking:

About everything I have planned for today.  Doing a mental checklist and hoping I don't forget anything.


On my reading pile:::
Finished An Amish Kitchen.
Almost finished with  Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini, such a wonderful book, well written and the story is fantastic.


On my tv:::
Mr Selfridge Episode 5
Great Houses with Julian Fellowes.  FANTASTIC!  The brilliant Mr Fellowes takes us to these grand homes in search of the real Lord Grantham, the real Lady Mary and the real Mr Bates.  You can watch on ITV.
Portuguese Soaps - Tempo de Viver, Doida por Ti, Destinos Cruzados, Louco Amor


Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
Making Gnocchi by FuoriBorgo


Something fun to share:::
DNA tests have confirmed that human remains found buried beneath an English car park are those of the country's King Richard III.  How amazing is that????


On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Lemon Pork Chops with Mustard, Salad
Tuesday - Steaks with Pepper Sauce, Buttered Spaghetti
Wednesday -Minced Beef Roll, Mashed Potatoes
Thursday -  Kentucky Hot Brown Tart
Friday - Skinny Sloppy Joes, Salad
Saturday - Buttermilk Picnic Chicken, Green Peas and Crispy bacon
Sunday - Mince and Pasta Bake

On my to do list:::
Laundry
Homeschooling
Housework
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Butterfly Shadow Box, Granny Square Bag, Crochet Mat for kitchen table  

Homemaking Tips:::
Put your cookbooks to use, don't just let them sit on the shelves collecting dust.  Next time you're menu planning, instead of immediately reaching for online resources, try your trusty old cookbooks, you would be surprised at the gems found in there.

Looking around the house:::
It's dark, save for the fairy lights behind me on the plant.  Two snoring pugs, as always, and in the background the sound of my dryer going in the laundry room. 

From the camera:::

2013_02020009

On my prayer list:::
My husband and I, we are faced with a very hard decision to make and are having a hard time.
My husband as he takes his PT this month, and also as he tests for Master Sergeant.
Friends and Family.


Bible verse, Devotional:::
Fear imprisons, Faith liberates;
fear paralyzes, faith empowers;
fear disheartens, faith encourages;
fear sickens, faith heals:
fear makes useless, faith makes serviceable......
and most of all, fear puts hopelessness at the heart of life,
while faith rejoices in it's God.
-  Harry Emerson Fosdick -




14 comments:

Linds said...

I watched the press conference re Richard 111 this morning - amazing. And it is just a short way from where I live too.
Of course I will pray for you both, Sandra - no question. Decisions are never simple, are they. Lots of love.

Naomi said...

I love your devotional today :) I hope we get to see your butterfly shadow box! Have a lovely day :) xx

Conny said...

praying for you all!!! (HUGS)

threesidesofcrazy said...

HUGS - prayers that the decisions become clearer to you as time moves forward. Have a great week.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

You are in my prayers too! I love all the fun things you share--not just for Happy Homemaker Monday, but all the time! I watched a PBS cooking show where they were making Gnocchi and it didn't look that hard! Might have to try it.

Carol said...

Hope you have a great week! All your Amish recipes and Amish talk have inspired me to put a few Amish cookbooks on hold at the library. Can't wait to pick them up later this week! Thinking of you & your family as you try to nail down all these decisions.

MamaBoz said...

Can we have your pork chop recipe? Sounds great! I just pulled out some old cookbooks that my husbands grandmother gave me....there are a lot of oldies in there I had forgotten about. Thanks for always making my brain exercise!

Unknown said...

I came across 2 of my old favorite cookbooks yesterday and was thrilled. I thought they had gotten lost when we moved and I was so ecstatic. I can't wait to incorporate them into the meal plans for the next couple weeks.

Praying for you and your family. Decisions are never easy so hopefully they become clear with time. Try putting it in God's hands and it will all work out. I know it's easier said than done, but it does always make things better when we can let go and let God.

Judy said...

Keeping you both in my prayers. Your menu looks great. I really enjoyed doing Happy Homemaker Monday.

Jen said...

Praying for you all! I love strolling through thrift shops for old books as well.

I'm curious about the Mince and Pasta Bake. Is that Mince as in Mincemeat?

Have a great week.

Liz said...

Praying for you and your husband!

I did the same thing with my cookbooks and fell in love all over again!

That is so awesome about King Richard III. I had no idea! I really should read more world news. It just usually isn't interesting things like this. Usually the news is all depressing and I'd just rather not know.

Your menu looks amazing this week, as it does every week.

Have a wonderful week!

NITA said...

Prayers for you both...


Love
Aunt Nita

Susanne said...

Can you believe we were 50*F on Sunday! 50*! We were the hot spot in Canada, LOL. Who'd of thunk?

May the Lord lead in those tough decisions!

Renee said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.