Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/11/2013

Good morning ladies :) This weekend flew by, and I really could have used some more sleeping in, but alas, it's Monday morning, early morning and here we are.


The Weather:::
48 degrees at the moment.  The temperatures dropped quite a bit over the weekend and we were expecting some rain, but it never materialized.  It looks like we'll be having cloudy skies and lower temps the rest of the week. 

Right now I am:

In my pj's, drinking some coffee and trying to full wake up.   

Thinking:

That my bed is so nice and warm and I would like nothing more than to be back in there.

On my reading pile:::
Still reading Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini.
Also reading cookbooks and cooking magazines.


On my tv:::
Mr Selfridge Episode 6
Great Houses with Julian Fellowes.  Episode 2
Portuguese Soaps - Tempo de Viver, Doida por Ti, Destinos Cruzados, Louco Amor
Call the Midwife Episode 4

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
Clearing the Decks from Sweet Birdy Love


Something fun to share:::
How gorgeous are these???


On the menu for this week:::
Yesterday with all the running around, we sat down to dinner and weren't very hungry, so we had a tiny bit of the Mince and Pasta Bake, but I have a huge pan full, so that's what we'll have for dinner today, along with homemade garlic bread that my husband made to go with it :)

Monday - Mince and Pasta Bake with Garlic Bread
Tuesday - Asian Flank Steak Kabobs with Salad
Wednesday - Buttermilk Picnic Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
Thursday -  Vegetable Soup, Grilled Bacon and Cheese Sandwiches
Friday - *payday*
Saturday -
Sunday -

On my to do list:::
Laundry
Homeschooling
Housework

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still working on my granny stripe blanket

Homemaking Tips:::
We all love new recipes and trying them out, but sometimes it's good to go back to the basics and to cooking those meals that the family loves.  This next menu plan I'm working on, I'm doing just that, I'm cooking back through my blog from the very beginning and making those dishes that have always been the family's favorites.

Looking around the house:::
It's so quiet, I almost find myself nodding off to sleep.  The kitchen is clean, there are no dishes in the sink, and the living room is picked up.  I did it last night so I wouldn't have to deal with it this morning.  

From the camera:::

2013_02090029

On my prayer list:::
Friends and Family.


Bible verse, Devotional:::
Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.
– Proverbs 10:17 (NIV)



12 comments:

MamaBoz said...

Have a great week Sandra! I just love your pom pom bookmarks!

Judy said...

I love the Molly's Garden photo and everything in it.

Heather Ortega said...

Love your something fun to share. I would love to have that teapot.

Sarah said...

The pom-pom bookmarks are so cute! Have a great week xx

Teresa said...

Ahhhh....someone else who feels the pull of getting back to basic meals. :) I have been doing that very same thing for a couple of weeks now... the family loves that I'm making plain old apple crisp instead of something "fancy". :)

Jen said...

I love that verse from Proverbs. It's one I quote to my children often.

We will be going back to the very basics next week when it comes to meals. Hubby goes in for surgery next Thursday. It will be boxed mac n cheese or crockpot meals.

Have a great week!!

Andrea said...

I can't imagine having enough dinner leftover to serve it again the next night. Three boys and a husband take care of that every time!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I love the Molly's Garden items:) Will have to check that out some more. I looking forward to perusing used book and thrift stores this week for treasures:) Have a great week, Sandra!

Debby said...

I too am enjoying the Mrs. Lincoln book, thanks for suggesting it!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Molly's Garden photo! Just beautiful!
I agree with sticking to the basic meals. I love trying new recipes, but my family loves when I make their favorites. I must say a lot of meals I make I learned from my grandma and I love cooking them because it brings back so many memories. :)

Cathy said...

Have a great week, Sandra!

- becky* said...

i also find it helpful to make a supper menu.