Monday, February 25, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/25/2013



Good Morning all :)  Hope you've had a good weekend, got lots of rest and spent time with your loves.  Here we are, another Monday, but instead of looking at it with dread, let's choose to look at it as a whole week to do fantastic things.


The Weather:::
Cold.  I'm just cold.  I usually don't like the Arizona heat but at this moment I'm actually hoping it's around the corner.  Last week we had some seriously weird weather, low temps, some rain, some snow/hail/rain mix, just crazy.  Hoping this week we start warming up.  It's currently 43 degrees. 

Right now I am:
Drinking coffee, talking to my husband as he gets ready for work.  I'm in my pj's, sitting on the couch and I have my granny lap blanket on my legs.

Thinking:
About everything I have to get done today, making mental lists, and planning my time accordingly.

On my reading pile:::
Bible
Cookbooks as I plan the new menu

On my tv::: 
Mr Selfridge Episode 8
Portuguese Soaps - Tempo de Viver, Doida por Ti, Destinos Cruzados, Louco Amor
Call the Midwife Episode 6
Ripper Street

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
Yesterday by Our Wee Farm.  (makes me long for summer)

Something fun to share:::
Labels, clipart and all sorts of cool stuff.  You can find them on Just Something I Made

On the menu for this week:::
Making up the new menu as I have to get groceries this coming weekend.  Still enjoying simple family favorites around here.

Monday - Chicken Fried Steak, Mash, Breaded Okra
Tuesday - Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Wednesday - Roast Chicken Drumsticks, Homemade Noodles, Veggies
Thursday -  Crockpot Beans and Ham
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -


On my to do list:::

Laundry - *SURPRISE*
Homeschooling
Vacuum living room
Change bed linens
Paint my tray and small bookshelf

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Will be picking up my tablecloth today, already got the blanket stitch done around with the crochet thread, now it's just a matter of starting the edging.
Deciding on the next project.

Homemaking Tips:::
Laundry can be a daunting task, but with a little help from the family, it's not that bad.   I usually wash all the clothes, fold into piles according to who they belong to, then have everyone put their own laundry away.
Sometimes I have the kids do their own laundry, they are learning how to do laundry AND helping mom out.
When they put away their clothes, my initial reaction is to want to go in there and fix it all, but I've stopped doing that, or they'll never learn.  I let them put it away how they want it, unless something is really wrong, I don't touch it.
It's never too early to start teaching your children how to do laundry :)

Looking around the house:::
It's super quiet.  I have the scent of musk permeating the air as my candle burns in the kitchen.  There is the faint glow from my oil lamp coming through.
Kids are still fast asleep, hubby is off to work and it's just me and my Portuguese TV in the background.

There are dishes in the sink that didn't fit in the washer last night, so I have to get that done.  There are a few Wii remotes and game boxes on my Ottoman that need putting away.
Other than that, the house is not too bad today.

From the camera:::
Love them :)

2013_02230016


On my prayer list:::
My father who is struggling to find a job back in South Africa.  Please pray for him to find a good job, it's so hard at his age.
My stepmom, for help with everything she needs.  She helps out her mother (my grandmother), my own mother and my uncle, as well as my dad's mother (grandmother).  She sometimes stretches herself too thin.
My brothers, two of which haven't spoken in a few years.  I pray that they will eventually set aside their differences and go back to being brothers.
My husband as he prepares for his promotion test for Master Sergeant.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12

9 comments:

Naomi said...

I love your laundry - *SURPRISE!* ... LOL! This is sooo how I feel every day! I hope you have a lovely week :) xx

Heather Ortega said...

I like your tip about letting the kids put away their own laundry. I too have an urge to go in and fix it but you are so right- she won't learn if I keep doing it for her.

Sarah said...

Laundry is never ending. LOL. But love it when they're all fresh and clean.

It's chilly here but lovely to see the daffodil heads popping up from the ground. Spring is on its way! :)

Liz said...

Praying for your dad, step mom, brothers, and husband too.

I hate laundry but only because it is never ending! I've been trying to teach my kids where to put their clothes once it's folded. Because they are so young, that the most help they can give me really, but any little bit helps.

I can't wait to see your tablecloth when you are all done. I bet it will be amazing.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I totally believe in teaching children to do their own laundry! So sorry your dad is having a hard time finding a job:( I will pray. Have a great week Sandra!

Grandma Shell said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. I've been doing Happy Homemaker Monday for a few weeks and it's really fun to think of things to fit the categories. It's great to find other Christian women who are bloggers too! I'm adding you and your loved ones to my prayer list.

Unknown said...

I always enjoy your happy homemaker mondays! Might we have your summer sausage recipe? My boys would devour it!

Heather said...

Hi Sandra, I hope you are having, or will have, a wonderful day (it's early where you are compared to me!) and that it warms up some!

Heather

Judy said...

I love your candles and holders, and yes laundry is never ending. I still seem to do a lot of it even tho I'm down to only 2 of us.