Such is the case with Hallmark who wanted to know if they could send me one of their new Recordable Storybooks called Bright and Beautiful . Here is a little tidbit of what they said:
Following the introduction of Recordable Storybooks last holiday season, Hallmark received numerous letters from servicemen, servicewomen and their families sharing how they were able to share special moments with their distant loved ones through the Recordable Storybook. In fact, this video contains one of these stories from a military family located in North Carolina (their story starts around the 2:00 mark): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9vUstEdziU.
As a military wife, I know full well what it's like to have a husband deployed and to have those extremely short phone calls which half the time you can't even hear your loved one's voice on the other side....it's even worse for the kids who struggle with not knowing why their father had to leave for months on end, but also struggle with not hearing their voice.
I was so excited to receive the recordable book and I immediately gave it to my husband to record his voice, this way, whenever he is forced to be away, the kids can still hear him.
The book I received was the Bright and Beautiful: A child's Blessing which is a story based on the hymn "All Things Bright and Beautiful", it allows you to tell your child or children just how unique and special they are. How wonderful is that????
Hallmark has a wonderful selection of Recordable Books perfect for any occasion, you can learn more about them here.
- Is your spouse serving overseas? Capturing the voice of the
soon-to-be-deployed parent is a great way to help a child feel
connected during Mom or Dad's absence. Also, a Recordable
Storybook read by the little ones and mailed to the enlisted parent will be a great surprise and a breath of fresh air.
- Do Grandma and Grandpa live far away? A book recorded by the grandparents will help close the distance and keep grandchildren familiar with their voices.
I am so thankful for this opportunity, not only because I help such a great company bring to light an amazing product, but because I have a memento of my husband to keep forever, it's something the kids will always have at hand, even if they're having a bad day or daddy is working extra long hours.
But here's the best part, the wonderful people at Hallmark, have offered TWO books to be given away on my blog to TWO lucky winners. Now you too get a chance to give this book as a gift or to keep for yourself.
Here's what you have to do:
- Leave me a comment and let me know if you are keeping this book for yourself or if you're planning to give it away to someone special.
- Please Please and I can't stress this enough, leave an email address so I can contact you.
- This contest is open to US Residents only
- You will have 2 days to get back to me if you are one of the winners, if I don't hear from you by then, I will pick a different winner.
This contest will run until next week Monday the 1st of November. I will draw a winner using Random.org.