Monday, February 13, 2012

{ Happy Homemaker Monday 2012 #7 }

Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
50 degrees right now.  We had a wonderful weekend with 80 degree weather :)




On my reading pile:::  
Currently reading Herbs Gone Wild (absolutely fabulous book about herbs, including home remedies and recipes). 
Also reading The Keeper by Suzanne Woods (Amish book)
Bible Plan
Joyce Meyer's Promises for your everyday life devotional  



On my TV:::
Call the Midwife Episode 5
Finished watching An Island at War - Wonderful short series you can catch on Netflix, I've also added it to the Period Drama List up top :)


On the menu for this week:::
Have to plan the new Menu for the next two weeks so I don't have my whole menu plan ready.

Monday -  Mozzarella stuffed meatballs with spaghetti  
Tuesday - Black Bean Stack
Wednesday - 
Thursday - 
Friday - 
Saturday - 
Sunday - 


On my to do list:::
Housework
Laundry
Homeschooling


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Starting a Tabbard for my husband, including a patch on the front with all these intricate designs.  I'm kind of overwhelmed but he's entrusted me to do it and I'm up for the challenge :)
Also making some soap bar bags to give away on the blog, more on that on another post later today :)



In Homeschooling:::
Doing more gardening for home life.  Jasmine has a research report to finish, also French lessons.  Nicholas has a robotics video to watch and we're catching up on work from last week when he wasn't feeling well.  Busy day in the school room.


Looking around the house:::
The sound of the fish tank is lulling me back to sleep, I'm thankful for my coffee right now.  I have a lit candle in front of me, the scent of Lavender is permeating the air.  The two pugs are asleep on the couch, my kitchen tables has odds and ends that I've picked up from here and there, need to get it all put away and cleaned up.  My Kindle Fire is open next to me with my Bible reading for today.



From the camera:::

It's that time of year again, Renaissance Festival is in town and we went for opening day.  It was so much fun as usual and I got a ton of pictures :)

2012_02110057



Something fun to share:::
If you are like me and have always dreamed of living in a small cabin, you simply must go and take a look at this post.   A family of four living in a small 500 square foot cabin :)


On my prayer list:::
Many friends and family who are needing the Lord's guidance right now.


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

10 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like you have some great weather! I love that Bible verse. That's one of my moms favorites. She actually painted a painting based off of it. It's beautiful!

Have a great week :)

Mommy Made Whole said...

Great post, as always! Herbs Gone Wild sounds interesting. You grow your own herbs, right? Maybe you could do a post about that, or at least give me some pointers... I want to learn how to grow an indoor herb garden for in my new kitchen! :)

Jen said...

LOVE the cabin! Looks like if we were to ever visit your area it would be February. It's the time of year I long for 70 degree days.

Herbs Gone Wild...I love the title. I'm going to look it up. Looks like one I would love.

I am really enjoying the Bible reading plans on my Kindle Fire!! Have a great day.

Heather Ortega said...

You always have the best pictures.

Julie said...

I too am jealous of your weather. I love snow and cold temps Nov- Jan. but come mid Feb. I'm ready to get back outside! Have a great week!

Andrea said...

When I was younger I wanted to live in an old school bus. Everyone said there wouldn't be enough room. The cabin helps prove there's plenty of room.

Roxanne @TheHolisticMama said...

Just posted my tips on getting toddlers to eat!

Kathryn said...

Your something fun to share is terrific. If you haven't seen it, you may be interested in http://tinyhouseblog.com/.

Carissa said...

Great blog! I just added you to my blogroll :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I didn't know you had pugs! We had one growing up - sweet little dog.

I can't believe your weather!!