Friday, February 03, 2012

{ Friday Favorites - #5 }

FF


If you have something special you would like to show, if you have a trinket which has a special meaning for you or maybe something you have just found and own or would like to have. It could be anything, a trinket, a book, a new cookware set, a necklace, a photograph, a project you're working on or finished....anything that you love and would like to show us all.

Take a photo, or two, or three...post it on your blog and come back and link up using Mr Linky.

Please only include links directly to your post and only those pertaining to Friday Favorites. Anything not related WILL be removed.

*******************************

Today's treasure is very near and dear to my heart, for many reasons.
When we lived in Idaho there was a store we absolutely loved visiting and shopping it, it was called Quilted Bear and the minute we stepped through those doors it was like being transported to a big warehouse of crafts, wood crafts, needle crafts, the scent of candles, rows and rows of scrapbook materials and bits and bobbles here and there.

On one of our visits, I came across this tiny little shelves with personalized mugs, any name you could think of and I knew I had to grab one.

2012_02030002

I got one for each of our names in the family.

2012_02030003

Now if you're one of my friends or have been reading my blog for a while, you will probably be wondering why the names Jennifer and Alexandra are on there too.

2012_02030006

Those two little mugs are for the two babies I miscarried, it was the names we had picked out for them and it means the world to me to be able to have these tiny little mugs, as a daily reminder, not that I need one.

Miscarriage is something you never forget, it's something you never quite get over, it just gets easier to deal with as time goes by, it doesn't erase the pain, it doesn't take away the grief, but it does help you move on  with each day.

So as you can see, they may be tiny, but these little mugs and the little shelf hold a very special place in my heart, they are one of the things I would grab if I had to run out the door.

6 comments:

Conny said...

that's precious, sandra. i too think it is so healing and special to remember the children who now live in heaven! i have a necklace with a bootie/birthstone for each of my children - and in the midst is a little cross for our baby in heaven. we will never forget!

Bonnie said...

That is absolutely beautiful. What a precious reminder of your sweet children in heaven.

Hootin Anni said...

Incredibly written...so heart warming yet in such a way of sorrow, it's still something that one never forgets...the hurt may subside, but the memory lingers forever. I had one miscarriage, but it was so early in the pregnancy the fetus was not formed ---I think, personally, mine was meant to be.

Kristy Jensen said...

That is so sweet Sandra. I miscarried a few months ago and it was horrible. I am so sorry for your loss. My angel is waiting for me in heaven (with your little angels).

Mari said...

I love this and I think it's very special that you have one for those little babies - never forgotten!

Liz said...

Aww absolutely amazing!