Friday, November 30, 2018

{ A cold wintry day }

_MG_3823

The Texas weather is a bit of a phenomenon.  I always heard people talking about how insane the weather was over here, and how it would flip flop from hot to cold and rain to shine.  But when you don't live in the area you just assume people are being dramatic or exaggerating.

Then we moved to this state and for the past 3 years, I often find myself scratching my head and wondering just what on earth Mother Nature is doing.



_MG_3824

Last week?

80 degrees, sunny and warm.  Yesterday, upper 70's and warm.

Today, lower 40's, grey, cloudy and insane storms with Tornado watches.  I couldn't make this up if I tried.

So I donned on my comfy long slipper socks and one of my most adored little sweaters.

_MG_3825

How pretty is that?  I just love the colors and the soft yarn.

_MG_3827

After I finished rewriting my menu plan, I decided that today was the day.  It was time to jump on board and start pulling down all the Fall decorations to be replaced with our Christmas ones.

_MG_3828

The first thing I did was strip the Thanksgiving tree.  I still need to pop on the decorations, but I didn't get around to it today, it's something for tomorrow's agenda.

I also started putting up some of the smaller decorations around the house, starting with this little tree which I always pair with my Nativity scene.  THAT I did set up, and I'll take a picture and show you tomorrow.

_MG_3829

I honestly didn't get as much done as I would have liked, merely because I had to stop do do some schooling and then after Curt got home, we all headed out for some dinner.  We don't go out very often, and since I've been sick I haven't even left the house for over a week.

But, Jasmine starts work tomorrow and needed some work clothes, so there was no postponing this trip.  I am not yet over this cold, and my poor husband is now in the early stages and feeling pretty poorly himself.  Nonetheless, you know how it goes, you often have to put your feelings aside to take care of your children, no matter how old they are, right?

_MG_3830

_MG_3831

As we started to head out, the skies became quite ominous looking, but we didn't pay much attention.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner, and while waiting for our food, a Tornado watch came over the phones.  Everyone at the restaurant, including the waiters and manager got the same warning.

The sky became so dark, so rich purple in color and filled with lightning, that it was pretty intimidating.  We were considering asking for our food to go and just leaving but after a good rain storm, it quietened down a bit.

We were able to go get the work clothes she needed, and then headed straight home.  The storms are still in sight and there are still some watches in effect, but for the most part it seems to be all heading away from us, and for that I'm extremely thankful.

I am so happy that it is Friday night, been looking forward to the weekend.

In the morning I have to head to the commissary for groceries, then have the usual laundry to do, and I'm hoping to get the rest of the Christmas decorations up.  Curt and Nick want to get some outside as well, but that is all going to depend on how Curt is feeling.

I also hope to use up some of my crochet stash, I have bits and bots of cotton yarn laying around, so I plan on using that up for some more dishcloths for myself and I'm thinking if I make enough, I can sell some here as well.

I will definitely let you all know if and when that happens :)

I'm off to watch the next episode of Blindspot and then get some sleep.

No comments: