Wednesday, November 28, 2018

{ Slow day - Working on blog to book }

_MG_3815

I'm slowly, and I mean very slowly starting to turn the corner with this cold.  Just letting my body dictate how fast or slow I move, and how much I do.



_MG_3816

I've been taking DayQuil and it is the only thing that seems to be helping.  It's never fun being sick, at any time, and I'm one of those people that really has no patience for it.  I have major guilt just laying around, even when I know there's nothing I can do about it.

So I decided that I needed to be productive today, in any way I could.

My plans initially were to get the Christmas decorations started, but that involves hauling around big boxes and I just didn't have the motivation or energy for that.  Therefore, I figured the next best thing would be to do computer work instead, things I've been putting off or haven't had the time to work on.

My blog to book.

I got all the way to 2014 and then had to take a break.  Actually I don't even remember the last time I worked on it, it was either the beginning of this year or last?

_MG_3814

I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed putting these together, not to mention going back through old blog posts and reminiscing.

I had to break down 2014 into two volumes just because of the sheer amount of posts for that year.

_MG_3817

I managed to finish off the first volume, upload it, get it all ready to publish and now I'm working on the second half of the year.

One thing I've been reminded of is just how much I loved our last house, before this one.  I don't think there was a room in that house I didn't love.  Every house has it's appeal and things we like or don't, so it's always fun going back and seeing your previous homes, how you decorated, what you were doing and how young the kids were.

But anyway, that's what I've been working on today.

I also wanted to let you all know that my Jasmine got a job.  She went for two interviews and nailed them both, both were offered to her and she chose the one she preferred.  It's just a part time for now, but she has applied to a ton more, and her goal is to make some money so she can start college next year.

I'm so proud of her, she has really come so far.  She has also decided to take a break from dating and concentrate on working, college and getting her life started.  At the beginning of the year she started her application to join the Air Force, but hit a few snags and we ended up with a recruiter that didn't really do much, didn't contact, took months to do things and she just lost interest, at least for the moment.

So that's where we are at.

My hubby has a work TDY (temporary duty) coming up soon, it's only for a week and won't be far, but that means that for the time he is gone, it is up to me to drive Jasmine back and forth to work and home.

No, she does not have her driver's license.  She actually let her permit expire, she knows how to drive but her anxiety tends to kick in and she feels extremely nervous behind the wheel, so she let it fall through.  She IS planning on starting that back up again, and getting her license so that she is mobile to be able to get to work and college etc.

Lots of changes, lots of growing up, and I'm just sitting here smiling at this next phase in our lives.

Oh my goodness, time flies.

I'm off to work a bit more on the blog book and then calling it a night, you know how it is with colds, you seem ok during the day and then night time gets worse, so I don't want to push it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I hope you feel better soon. Tell Jasmine not to worry about letting her permit expire. It’s better to do it in her own good time when she is ready. My daughter Annie let her permit expire, because she was nervous about it. When she was 19 and felt ready she started over, passed the license test and is a wonderful driver. You are streaks ahead of me in decorating. I haven’t even taken any of the boxes down.