Tuesday, November 27, 2018

{ Try not to overdo it }

That's the worst thing you can tell a mom/wife/homemaker.

I mean, technically I understand because that's what I tell family and friends when they're unwell, but in reality it's not that easy to follow through.  I think that's why our bodies take it upon themselves to force us into rest.

_MG_3812

The past few days that's just what my body has done.  I've had no energy to do anything and have felt so unwell, so I've basically been in bed, taking meds, in and out of sleep, no appetite.  Today was the first day I felt slightly less horrid, and managed to change my bed linens, do some dusting and vacuuming, general tidying up and cooked a meal that I managed to eat. 



_MG_3813

I also worked on this month's budget and the new meal plan, and that's the part where the title of this post came into play.

I always do this, I feel slightly better and I jump right back in as if I'm completely fine.  By early evening my body is screaming at me to slow down and stop overdoing it.

I'm back to feeling cruddy and I guess that's normal until this bug runs it's course.  I am just hoping that no one else in the family is affected.

In the meantime, it's back to cold meds, hot tea, kleenex and Vicks. 

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Be well dear Sandra ~ FlowerLady

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

If I start to feel crudy, I brew a medicinal hot tea, take a break and relax. Hope you feel better soon.