Thursday, November 01, 2018

{ Hello November }

It is here, November is finally here, though it didn't come in with an bang or loudly make an entrance, it just sort of showed up out of nowhere.  I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by, my word.

My husband took the day off, something he has not done in a year or so, but he did it for a good reason.

This morning we headed off to the local VA office to get his medical process started, that is a big step for him and I'm so proud of him and everything he has accomplished in life.  I don't talk about my husband too much, but he truly is the best husband I could have ever wished for.  I count my blessings every night for the family I have.




After we were done at the VA, he took me to a local sandwich shop that I had never been to.  He had tried it a time or two when he went to lunch with his coworkers and had been wanting to take me for a while.

It was so good, oh my.

I had a South of the Border Ciabatta sandwich which was one of the yummiest breakfast sandwiches I've ever had.

 
Curt had a Combo with half Beefeater and half BBQ Cheddar, I tried his as well and they were divine.  We will definitely be returning to Gidgets.

 


Love the atmosphere too, super cute mismatched tables and chairs, old couches, brick walls, just a very cute place to sit and enjoy a meal.

Our next run was to Aldi, I am going grocery shopping on Saturday morning, but if I'm around Aldi and have the chance to go in, I usually do because there are certain items that I can find for a lot cheaper than the commissary or Walmart.




We came home, I got some housework going, finished off my grocery list and menu plan for the next two weeks, and then later in the evening, we went out to dinner.  We don't often do it, not as much as we wish we could but it's always something we love doing as a family, talking with the kids, etc.

Everyone gets a chance to pick a place and we alternate whenever we do, this time Nick picked Cracker Barrel. 

If you haven't been to Cracker Barrel recently, let me tell you something, you NEED to get in there.  They have a special running at the moment, for Thanksgiving, and so we all decided to try it.  Oh my word, it was absolutely delicious.

Chicken Fried Turkey, macaroni and cheese and green bean casserole.  So, so good!!!


All in all, it was a wonderful day and a good start to our November :)

No comments: