Friday, November 16, 2018

{ Slow Day }

_MG_3711

Before I even set foot out of bed this morning, I knew it was going to be one of those days.  I woke up with a bad cough, brought on by allergies.  The kind of cough that I seem to get when the dog is shedding and everything that I'm allergic to is surrounding me.

I took an allergy pill and from then on, the day went downhill.



_MG_3713

I sat at the kitchen window doing dishes, watching the birds, the yard, the sky and taking it all in.  And even in that beautiful peaceful setting, my mind raced and my emotions amped up.  It was just one of those days, where I felt extremely cranky and not myself, which in turn became a super slow day as I moved at snails pace.

_MG_3714

I made the decision then and there that it today called for a big batch of chili, not only because of the temperature but mainly because I couldn't be bothered messing with dinner later in the day.

I don't often feel this way, but when I do, I allow myself to let it all just come out, get it out of my system and wake up the next morning refreshed and ready to get back to my usual positive perky self.

_MG_3720

The thing with blogging, or social media in general, is that you don't get the full picture of our lives.  For the most part I am extremely open on my blog and share pretty close to everything, but even then, you don't get the full picture.  I don't always show when I'm not quite feeling myself, mainly because I don't think anyone wants to hear me whine and moan and complain.

But trust me when I tell you, there are a few days like that, where you wake up in a mood and it just goes from there.

Nothing was working for me today, I paid bills and felt frustrated at the fact that it always feels like no matter how hard we try, we are always pinching pennies.

I did schooling with Nick and felt frustrated because he had to make a model of Meiosis and I was not in the mood for all that mess.  The lesson irritated me, the thought of the model irritated me, the headache I had brewing irritated me, the fact that I took a Benadryl for the allergies which made me tired and sluggish the whole day irritated me.

I was just a big bundle of irritation.

It happens folks, I'm not always perfect, my life is not always perfect, there are days that things are not so pretty and my attitude downright stinks.

But, I don't allow it to be a constant, I allow myself to get those frustrations out, and then I move on.  As I'm typing this post, I'm back to normal.  The headache is still there but that is from the congestion and the allergies, but aside from that, I'm not longer ready to snap at everyone.

_MG_3726

I've left it in God's hands.  I feel like He has had to hold my hand extra tighter today and put up with a bit of a snotty attitude, but that's the beauty of his unconditional love for me, loving me just the same.

So there you have it friends, me in all my human glory :)

I always want to keep this blog real, and I hope you appreciate that.

I just finished coloring my hair, the greys were everywhere, and I mean everywhere.  I wish I was brave enough to embrace it, but I'm not, so yeah, just colored it, took my shower and now I need to give it a quick dry because I don't want to go to bed with wet hair.

I have grocery shopping in the morning, and then need to get a birthday gift for my niece, start some Thanksgiving prepping and so on.

By the way, here is a very helpful graphic for when to pull out your Thanksgiving Turkey.



I'll be back tomorrow with another post, as well as my Thanksgiving Meal Plan, recipes and so on. 

Have a wonderful Friday night, and God bless!!!
xoxoxoxo

3 comments:

Lulu said...

i hear you Sandra...i have those kinda off days..I also cant embraced my greys.....

I stalk the birds outside my window, i just love to hear them gossiping with one another..

hope you have a lovely rest of saturday..

Sandra said...

Thank you so much Lulu :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend too!!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Honey, I can be a big mess of grumpy and irritable also. I got got by some cigarette smoke awhile back and the next morning my throat felt as if I had swallowed a golf ball! Much love and prayers.