Tuesday, January 22, 2019

{ Another cow in the field }

January 22, 2019

One of the perks of living in the country???

The occasional cow visit from the fields across the highway.  The first time it happened I was so confused, and surprised to see a cow across from my house, but it's now become a common occurrence and not an eyelid is batted.

We just go across the highway to the owner, and let them know their cows have escaped their pen again.



January 22, 2019

They are quite stubborn and when they set their mind on coming across to the fields on this side, not even a highway keeps them in place, which is so unsafe and scary.  I always slow down when I'm near the farms with cows, especially when they're all right up against the fence watching the cars go by. 

We've seen quite a few that have broken free and ended up being hit.  It's sad.

But it's one of those things that you learn when living out in the country.  I never in my life had to worry about such things when we lived on base or in the suburbs.

January 22, 2019

While we had no internet the other day, I sat down with a couple of cookbooks and quickly wrote up my new Menu Plan for the next two weeks.  I enjoy it so much that I find it weird when people tell me they don't meal plan, could never do it, don't like it, it's too much effort and so on.

I find it one of the easiest aspects of homemaking and it's a huge time and money saver at the grocery store.

What I do when I'm meal planning from cookbooks, is to also jot down the cookbook, page numbers and recipe names on a separate blank page so that I have an idea for upcoming menus. 

Within about an hour I had the whole meal plan done and grocery list started. 

Another reason why I use my meal plan and grocery list book, is that on one side I write the menu and immediately opposite I have the grocery list. so that I add the ingredients as I look through the recipe.    I guess for someone who's never done this, it may seem like such a lengthy and unnecessary process, but when you get the hang of it, it's so quick and easy.

January 22, 2019

I finally pulled out my Buffalo Plaid blanket today, it had been sitting in the basket waiting on yarn, but now I'm set to go.  I would like to finish it within the next week or so, since I'm making it for my mother in law and I'll be seeing her within this time frame.

Then it's on to the next project, which I'm not quite sure yet what it it will be, I have an idea in mind but not 100% on if that is going to be what I want to work on.

We had a good day getting back to work and schooling, except for the part where I completely convinced myself that Jasmine had to go to work today and got ready, rushed around and tried to wake her up only to be told it's tomorrow, not today.  Boy did I feel like an idiot LOL

I'll just blame it on the long weekend which always seems to get me confused on the days.

Dinner tonight was Meatballs and Spaghetti with garlic cheese bread.  You know some meals take a little longer to prepare but they are so good and the family loves them, so I don't mind putting in the extra effort. 

Nothing else has really gone on today, just the usual day to day, as always.  Tomorrow I'll be taking photos of my morning routine so that I can share with you all, it hasn't changed too much over the years, but I still like to do an updated routine once in a while :)

Well friends, the wind is howling outside and making it sound like the house is about to come apart.  I'm going to sign off for the night and continue watching my Heartland.

Have a blessed night everyone :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We have a lot of cows in the fields near us, fortunately they're pretty well contained and don't tend to wander off. Sheep though seem to be able to walk through walls and will inexplicably find themselves on the wrong side of the fence bleating plaintively at their friends. LOL