Monday, January 21, 2019

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/21/2019 }

Good morning and a very Happy Monday to you all :)

I sure do hope your weekends were restful and calm and that you had a blessed time with your family.  I have a wonderful weekend of doing nothing, catching up on my show and hanging out with my family.  It was blissful!!!

It is Monday though so it's back at it for everyone, well some, we have school going on but my husband is off work today, which is nice.  I have a house that is needing some attention after my slacked off weekend so I'll be busy putting it to order today.

Let's see what else is going on shall we?







The weather:::
Insane, that's all really.  One day 72 degrees and the very next day 30.  I have never lived in a place where the temperatures change so drastically from one day to the next.  Here's a look at our week....

On my reading pile:::
Starting on The Accidental Further Adventures of the 100-Year-Old-Man. 


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Nothing aside from binging on Heartland.  I am so obsessed with that show, I've watched it before and usually I don't rewatch shows, but this one is just everything I love in a show and more.  The setting, the gorgeous horses, the family, the fact that they sit down to dinner every night to discuss the day and even the food.  It's such a good family show. 

On my TV:::
General Hospital
Heartland


On the menu for this week:::

Monday 20th
Oklahoma Fried Burgers with Fries
Tuesday 21st
Better than Olive Garden Fettucine Alfredo, Garlic Toast  
Wednesday 22nd
Roast Chicken and Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Thursday 23rd
Portuguese Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes and Salad
Friday 3rd
*Grocery Shopping* 
Saturday 4th

Sunday 5th


On my to do list:::
Loads of Housework, Homeschooling


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Picked up the yarn I needed yesterday so I'll be able to keep going with my Buffalo Plaid Blanket.  I'm making it for my mother in law and I really want to gift it to her soon.

Looking around the house:::
It's a mess, it needs a lot of attention this morning.   


From the camera:::
Artisan Bread I made this weekend  



What I'm wearing today:::
Still in my nightie and robe at the moment, but as soon as this post is up, I'll go and throw on some tights and a tshirt and get to work on the house.     


One of my simple pleasures:::
Watching family friendly shows.  I feel like our TVs are filled with trash that does nothing to encourage family time together, and all the good family shows are either finished or few and far between. 


Bible verse, Devotional::: 

24 comments:

Daydreams In The Desert said...

I completely agree with you about family friendly TV, it is so hard to find something suitable for everyone, that is not trashy and has no swearing.

Your bread looked so good yesterday, that I think I shall make some today. And I must take another look at Heartland, it didn't really grab me the first episode I watched.

Have a great week!

Jodi said...

You can have my temps right now.... I would gladly switch with ya... its a balmy -8 right now... brrrrr. I love Heartland! I am caught up, just waiting for the next season to come on either on Netflix, or on the UpTV channel. Have a great week!

Stacy said...

I'm for sure gonna have to checkout Heartland! That's what I loved about The Paradise and When Calls the Heart! They are wholesome and that is rare nowadays! Glad you are having a quiet morning and Oh how much I would love those temps! Have a great week! As always, thanks for hosting!

threesidesofcrazy said...

The first time I'd ever heard of an Onion Burger was on one of Guy Fieri's shows and it looked so good! I had to try them and now we have them all the time now. Your inspiration is perfect for today. We're foggy, wet and cold here so I needed a little kick in the butt. Have a GREAT week.

Carol said...

Buffalo Plaid is so fun to crochet! I am sure your mother-in-law will love the blanket! Have a lovely week!

Jean said...

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! That bread looks so good. Our week is all cloudy and mostly cold, want to trade? Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Rebecca Knox said...

Agree with you about nothing but trash on television. We got rid of ours seven or eight years ago and just watch a few select things online...mostly westerns, old movies, British dramas, and, at the moment, Little House on the Prairie! Haven't heard of Heartland. Will have to check it out. The bread and your menus look good! Have a great week ahead! Blessings! <3

Monique G. said...

We're freezing here. I'd love to be in 70 degree weather! I don't watch much TV anymore because of that trash that is on. I'd love to see wonderful family shows again.

LA Paylor said...

thanks for recommending Heartland... I'll go watch it!

Luludou said...

That bread looks delicious! Have never tried my own bread except for beer bread. I will look up Heartland.

Sarah said...

I totally agree with your thoughts about the family friendly shows, and the bread looks delicious!

Sandra said...

That's why I love Heartland, it is a beautiful family show, in every sense of the word. Hope you give it another try.

Have a wonderful week :)

Sandra said...

I JUST saw your temps and I can't believe how cold it is there, I'm so sorry, hope things warm up :)

Isn't Heartland amazing?

Sandra said...

Please check out Heartland, I think you will love it. It reminds me a lot of The Mcleod's Daughters which I absolutely adored. Same kind of premise, family, ranch, real life situations but no swearing and trash. Have a great week too :)

Sandra said...

Forgot to wish you a great week too :)

Sandra said...

Aren't they amazing? First time I heard of an Onion Burger was from my mother in law, she's from Oklahoma and taught me how to make them when Curt and I first got married. We love them and have them quite often :) Have a great week my friend.

Sandra said...

Isn't it? It's a quick crochet project, love it. Have a wonderful week Carol :)

Sandra said...

Our week is kinda bleak, but yes, definitely better temps than yours. I'll trade ya just so you can have a nice warm up hahah Have a great week :)

Sandra said...

I got rid of our cable last year and have not missed it at all. I just have Netflix and our Amazon firestick and I'm extremely selective of what I watch on there. I think you and I watch pretty much the same kind of shows. Please do check out Heartland, you'll love it :) Have a great week.

Sandra said...

Well our 70 degree weather last one day but it WAS a nice warm up. Heartland is a great family show. I'm super picky about what I watch as well, maybe that is why I'm constantly going back to watching Anne of Green Gables or Little House on the Prairie. :)

Sandra said...

You are welcome, I hope you enjoy it :)

Sandra said...

Do try the bread recipe, it's extremely easy to make and always turns out perfect. And yes, do look up Heartland :)

Sandra said...

Thank you Sarah :) It's hard to find anything on TV that is not clouded by politics or sex, it's why I enjoy these family shows so much. :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sorry i'm late linking and popping in! I agree with you about tv. I haven't seen Heartland but need to watch that one. Your bread looks SO good! Hope you have a blessed rest of the week dearest Sandra xoxo