Wednesday, January 16, 2019

{ Reading and Ironing }

January 16, 2019

There are days that the housework tasks are so many, that I feel like I hit the ground running in the morning, and don't stop until my head hits the pillow.  See, even though I'm at home all day, you would think that things would be always slow or laid back, and for the most part, they can be, but there are also days that the work is never ending and continous.



January 16, 2019

Today was one of those where I didn't have much to take care of, so I could take it a bit easier, slower, and make my way around the house without rushing.

Woke up to a cold and foggy day, and I just couldn't seem to get warm, not even with the little heater pointed at me.  My hands were freezing, my feet were freezing and the teeth were chattering away.


January 16, 2019

After some hot coffee and breakfast, I got the kitchen taken care of, picked up around the house and then started on the ironing pile.

I always pull the ironing board into the living room, and place it where I can see the TV, because it's one of those chores that I quite enjoy doing, especially if I ave something interesting to watch.  You know, come to think of it, 90% of what I watch is done while I'm busy with other things.

January 16, 2019

I watched the new reboot of Roswell and I really enjoyed it.  It's one of those cutesy, quirky shows that I like, and I did quite love the old Roswell as well so this is a nice surprised to see on the telly.

Once the ironing was done, I put it away, folded two loads that had come out of the dryer and got those put away as well, handed the kids their laundry to put in their bedrooms, and then sat down to do some computer work.

I have been finding some really sweet blogs that remind me of the old blogging days, and I find myself quite captivated by them, reading, going through the archives and just enjoying women with similar likes as mine.

January 16, 2019

Once I was done with the computer work, there was some schooling to get through and then I started reading through some of my books.  I sometimes open these and read a few pages here and there, allowing myself to be transported back in time, learning about the old ways and stories of bravery.

The way things were done on the pioneer trails completely fascinate me, I'm often in awe of these men and women who braved it all and endured horrible conditions just to find a better life.

Makes me think twice when I complain that the washer is taking too long, or the hot water is not warming up fast enough.  Nothing like those moments to make you realize just how spoiled you truly are.

January 16, 2019

January 16, 2019

The rest of the day I was either reading, talking to kids, answering calls and then getting dinner on the table.  Tonight was a delicious shepherd's pie which is one of our family favorites around here, it's a simple meal to put together but it's one of those stick to your ribs home cooked comfort food that everyone enjoys.....and can I just say that I especially like the leftovers for lunch the next day?

My day is pretty much complete.  Dinner was enjoyed, I cleared the table and since I already had a load washing in the dishwasher, I quickly washed the dinner dishes by hand, gave the counters a good wipe down and put the kitchen to sleep.

We are now waiting on my brother in law to arrive sometime within the next 2 or 3 hours, and then we'll be heading to the airport around 2am to take him for his flight to Korea.  It's crazy how quick the time has gone by and he is going to be gone for a year, we will sure miss him.

I have Heartland on the TV right now, I've started watching it from the first Season again and I forgot how much I loved this show, makes me wish there were more like it on TV instead of the trashy reality stuff that seems to be rampant on all channels.

Anyway, I'm going to sit down and watch a few episodes while we wait for Chris to arrive.

I hope you're all having a great end to your Wednesday, and I wish you all a restful night.  See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I have that second book in your stack of books. Glad you had a slower day.

Jean said...

I always enjoy reading about your days. They sound so cozy! Hope you were able to sleep in a bit this morning after being at the airport so early. Praying for safe travels and the year ahead for your brother-in-law.

Stacy said...

I miss old blogging days! It's difficult to find blogs nowadays that are blogs for the sake of blogging, if that makes sense. I love reading your blog! Have a wonderful day!