Monday, January 14, 2019

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/14/2019 }


Good morning everyone :)  
This post is going up a little later than usual, and I wasn't able to get any posts up this weekend, but I had a houseful of guests and was hosting and making sure everyone was having fun, fed and entertained.
By the time everyone left, I took a shower and literally crashed on the bed, I was exhausted, but we had an amazing time with family and that is all that matters.
I hope you had a fantastic weekend as well.  
Now, let's see what is coming up in the week ahead, shall we?

The Weather:::
It is cold this morning, 32 degrees but the temperature is supposed to start warming up, so much so that by Friday we will be at 70 degrees.  Then guess what?  Saturday?  32 again.  Now ask me why so many people get sick around here, it's utterly ridiculous the temperature differences from one day to the other.   


Right now I am:
Actually in my bedroom, at my little desk.  I'm moving a bit slow today, I guess I'm still tired from this weekend and so this post is going up a little later than I like it too.  Sorry about that.  I am however already changed out of my pajamas for the day, I'm dressed, I've unloaded the dishwasher and started reloading, my bed is made, bedroom is tidy and I've even watched two vlogs and the new Outlander.  So I am not doing too bad, I think.     


Thinking:
About this week, having said goodbye to my niece and great niece until the summer, and now Wednesday saying goodbye to my brother in law for a whole year.  It's exciting for him, and we are so happy he is doing this, but we will definitely miss him.            


On my reading pile:::
finished with the review book, *With This Pledge*, and need to start on the next, but I have to check the list for as I'm not quite sure which book is reviewed after this one.  In between though, I'm still working through my Outlander series.  


On my tv:::
The new sermon from Pastor Furtick.
Some more vlogs.
Started one of my Portuguese Soaps.
General Hospital
The Last Song
Whatever else I find, I have so many shows to catch up on. 


Favorite Blog post this week:::
You know what?  I actually didn't have a chance to read any blogs last week, it was a bit of a crazy week for me, but I'm hoping to go and catch up with you all today.


On the menu for this week:::

I still haven't gotten around to making the ham and cheese sliders, so those are one the menu once again.  The rest of the meals are family favorites and pure comfort food.  I don't have any new recipes, though I plan on trying some next menu plan so that I can share more on the food blog.

Monday - Ham and Cheese Sliders, Cheesy Fries 
Tuesday - Fried Chicken Breasts, Garlic pasta, Broccoli salad
Wednesday - Shepherd's Pie, Mixed Veggies
ThursdayPepperoni Pasta, Homemade Garlic Bread
Friday - Onion Burgers, Homemade Fries
Saturday - Roast Chicken Legs and Potatoes, Salad
Sunday - Caldo Verde (Portuguese Kale Soup), Grilled Cheese


On my to do list:::
Laundry - My amazing husband did all the laundry for me yesterday, after everyone had left.  I just have to iron and fold and put away.
Homeschooling - Look through and approve Nick's lessons


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Started the Buffalo Plaid Blanket and really loving the color.  However, I've run out of yarn, so need to go and purchase some more. 





Looking around the house:::
It's pretty clean for having a full house over the weekend.  I need to remove the table leaves and put those away as well as the extra chairs too.  Other than that, the kitchen is the only place that needs putting back in order, the rest of the house is clean.  I'll give it a quick vacuum and that's it. 


From the camera:::
You can have a home that is completely out of order, untidy or needing attention, but I find that if my bedroom is clean and organized, it truly does make me feel so much better.  It's always good to have a calm place to retreat to. 



On my prayer list:::
My friend's daughter is still needing prayer, please continue to pray for Kassandra. 
My friend Courtney's husband who is fighting cancer.
My mother in law Pat, she is still fighting this cancer and going through the process. 


Bible verse, Devotional:::
Enemy-occupied territory—that is what this world is. Christianity is the story of how the rightful king has landed, you might say landed in disguise, and is calling us all to take part in a great campaign of sabotage. When you go to church you are really listening in to the secret wireless from our friends: that is why the enemy is so anxious to prevent us from going.
When a young man who has been going to church in a routine way honestly realises that he does not believe in Christianity and stops going—provided he does it for honesty’s sake and not just to annoy his parents—the spirit of Christ is probably nearer to him then than it ever was before. - C.S. Lewis

From Mere Christianity
Compiled in Words to Live By

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad that you had a wonderful weekend. Spending time with friends and family is definitely important and I can tell through your blog how much you enjoy those times! I hope that you have a great week this week and can get some rest!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I love the blanket. I ran out of yarn on my project yesterday. Thankfully my husband was already in town. Have a great week.

Jean said...

How wonderful you were able spend the weekend with your family having fun. Seems like we don't do enough of that around here. Beautiful colors in your blanket. Need to find or create a calm space around here, great idea and inspiration. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Jodi said...

Glad you had a fun weekend!! I am so loving your little corner in your bedroom...it looks so peaceful!! Have a great week!! xoxo

threesidesofcrazy said...

A house full of family makes any weekend a pleasure - so glad you had that. LOVE that picture of your own "personal" area - makes such a difference in your day to be able to sit down and just "BE" for a few minutes. I LOVE that Buffalo plaid choice of colors - looks so warm and inviting. Have a WONDERFUL week.

Luludou said...

Glad you got to enjoy your weekend with family. Lovely calm bedroom. Have a great week

LA Paylor said...

you're my fellow outlander lover! How exciting to dream of time travel and seeing how things were really like.Harsh I expect! I'm way too soft to live like Claire!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sandra! So nice to be back to HHM. ;) Your weekend sounds like lots of fun. And I love how that blanket is coming along. And so true about having a calm retreat place.
Prayers sent for all of your intentions today. Blessings on your week ahead my Dear. xo

Becki said...

That blue in your knitting is so gorgeous! I read some of the Outlander series years ago, but never quite saw it through to the end...