Tuesday, January 08, 2019

{ Books I'm reading and some more crochet }

January 8, 2019

My newest book list is slowly growing again.  I am so thankful and blessed to be part of a great book website that keeps me constantly supplied with fantastic selections to read.

The beginning of the year is off to a good start with some really good ones, and I thought I would quickly show you my little pile.  These are books that have come in recently and that I'm already working through for upcoming reviews.  As new ones arrive I'll be sure to share with you as well.



January 8, 2019

Cadaver & Queen by Alisa Kwitney
Corpse & Crown by Alisa Kwitney
Secrets at Cedar Cabin by Colleen Coble
Pretty in Punxsutawney by Laurie Boyle Crompton
With this Pledge by Tamera Alexander
The Woman in the Lake by Nicola Cornick
The Accidental Further Adventures of the 100-year-old-man by Jonas Jonasson

I'm almost done with, With This Pledge and then I need to see what is next on the book tour so that I can get on with it.  In between these though I'm still reading through my Diana Gabaldon books, I just love her so much.

January 8, 2019

Took some time this afternoon to fold Nick's clothes and get them organized into his cubes.  He doesn't have a dresser in his bedroom, so we got him a cube system from Walmart and they hold his clothes.  But, you all know how kids are, especially 15 year old boys, when it comes to keeping their laundry organized.

He washes his laundry but then is perfectly fine with just tossing it all over or leaving it in the laundry basket without even being folded.  It drives me insane.  I usually don't bother with it, because he needs to learn to keep things neat, but some days I can't take it anymore and I just go in and do it myself.  It lasts a while until he messes it all up again LOL

January 8, 2019

At least for now, it's tidy.

I also started another crochet project last night, it is the Buffalo Plaid also by Daisy Farm Crafts.  I am in love with their patterns, they are simple to follow along and quick to work up, but are some of the prettiest crochet projects I've seen around.

This blanket came about as a way to use up some yarn I have laying around.  I want to buy more yarn but I really can't justify doing that without first using up what I have, and I hate wasting so with that in mind, I got going with the colors that I thought would work for a plaid pattern.

January 8, 2019

This is definitely not a girly blanket, I mean, it could be if you like the color blue, but I think it gives off more manly vibes and I could see my either my husband or son claiming it for themselves.

It is certainly not my usual choice of colors, if you know me at all, I'm more of a girly, pastel and pretty pinks and light blues and yellows kinda gal, but after seeing the progression in the blanket, I am so happy with the choice of colors I made.

January 8, 2019

If you want to see the pattern for yourself or perhaps even start your own blanket, head on over to Daisy Farms Crafts and check out the Crochet Buffalo Plaid.

I don't know what I'll work on next, after this blanket, maybe a Harlequin Blanket, a Modern Granny Blanket or a plain Chevron Blanket which I've been wanting to make for a while.  Whatever I decide to make, I'll show you.

I didn't get much else done today, I honestly had all my housework done and sat and just worked on my crochet blanket.  It was so quiet and peaceful, sunny and warm outside, and I popped on a crime show on TV and just quietly worked away.

Some days it feels good to do nothing but work on a project you love.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Oh..... I love the colors you are using in the buffalo plaid crochet project!!! Have a great day!!!