Thursday, January 17, 2019

{ Moving at a turtle's pace }

January 7, 2019

What a crazy night it was!!!!

We didn't fall asleep until 11pm, then the alarm went off at midnight to take my brother in law to the airport.  My Jasmine actually went with my husband and I stayed home with Nicholas and the pup.  I thought I would be able to sleep, but forget that, I just can't seem to get any sleep when my husband is not near me.

It's nuts, and trust me, it's been this way for a very long time, deployments were brutal when it came to sleeping.  I used to tell my husband that I felt like I was holding my breath the whole time he was gone, and only really let it out when he was back home with us.



January 7, 2019

They went off to the airport which is 2 hours away, and then dropped him off and turned right around to make the 2 hour trip back home, and arrived just after 5am.  My poor husband climbed back into bed and slept until 6:45am then back up to go to work.

Guess how much I slept through all this???  If you guessed not much at all, you're absolutely right.

Thankfully I'm blessed to be a stay at home mom, which means I can take it easier on days where I'm this exhausted, unlike my poor husband who has to go to work and get through lectures feeling so tired.

On days like these, I tend to take things a bit easier and really only do the essential needed for the house to run smoothly, anything extra can wait until tomorrow, because let's be honest, it's still going to be there waiting for us, right?

I think I'm actually going to do an update morning routine and night routine blog post next week, just showing how I do things around here.  Let me know if that is something you would be interested in seeing, and maybe some of you could join in and show us all how your days go as well?

January 7, 2019

I popped on my Heartland on Netflix and then did a bit of computer work, which was all about blog clean up, changing things here and there and updating some stuff.

I'm sure you've noticed that it's changed a bit, hope I didn't confuse any of you :)

January 7, 2019

Well friends, not much else happened here today so I don't have many photos or anything really to share.  I'm just looking forward to some good sleep tonight with this little mister above, he loves cuddling between me and daddy and keeping us warm.

It's wonderful, until he stretches out and then we're both on the edge of the bed sleeping awkwardly and complaining about sore backs the next morning, only to turn around and do it all over again the next night.....what can I say, we love him :)

6 comments:

Joanne said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. I'm a new stay at home mom. I find your blog inspiring and any tips on a morning or evening routine would be very helpful. Thank you!

Malorie Shepherd said...

Id love an updated routine post! One of my favs!!
What about an updated grocery haul. Maybe some type of organize post of like your fridge, pantry, laundry room etc??

Rachel said...

Love the routine posts. I am always interested in how others do things. I hope you were able to get some rest and sleep last night!

I will admit that last night I was exhausted and while I was reading blogs before I went to bed I did get a little confused at first when I pulled yours up on the kindle because I was so used to the content being on the other side, I had to stop for a moment and make sure I was on the right one. Guess it was my tired brain! LOL

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I have a routine in the morning too, but nights vary. Have a great weekend.

Stacy said...

I love the new blog update! It looks lovely!

Sarah said...

Your blog always looks lovely :)