Monday, August 26, 2019

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/26/2019 }

Good morning everyone, hope you've had a blessed weekend.

I'm sorry this post is going up a little later than usual, but I've just been busy with bills and schooling and am only now getting a chance to come an get this up for you all.

Let's get right on with it.

Oh before I get going, I want to once again ask you NOT to leave links down below that are not relating to our Happy Homemaker Monday.  I have been having to remove links every week, to other blog posts that are not part of our Monday feature.  Please be respectful of my request, it is a pain to have to go in every Monday and manually delete these links.   Thanks :) 





The weather:::
The temperatures have slightly dropped, thankfully.  We have had rain two days last week, it wasn't for long, maybe 20 minutes each time, but it definitely helped with the crazy heat we've been having.

This week, the temperatures are dropping again and we seem to be getting a few more rainy days.  Looking forward to that.  

Monday - Sunny, 105
Tuesday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 81
Wednesday - AM Thunderstorms, 86
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 95
Friday - Partly cloudy, 93


On the breakfast plate this morning:::

Already had one cup of coffee, but I'll be having another soon, as well as some cheesy toast.   


Right now I am:::
Listening to a documentary on The Great Depression, and typing up this post.


On my bedside table:::
My water, lotion, tv remotes.   


On my reading pile:::
Lost Child by Tory Hayden 


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Nothing just been enjoying The Great Depression documentaries.


On my TV this week:::
Nothing has changed TV wise, I didn't get much of anything watched last week, so I'll leave these lists the same, though I have to tell you I'm quite sick of seeing the same things on here lol

TV:
General Hospital
Homemaking vlogs
Star Trek The Next Generation
Poldark
The Dead Files
Beecham House
High Seas
Jamestown - Season 2
Babylon Berlin
A.D. Kingdom and Empire
Anne with an E - Season 2
Charite
The Doctor Blake Mysteries
Kurt Seyit and Sura


Documentaries:
A lot of Great Depression documentaries


On the menu for this week:::
I did not get a chance to put up my Friday Meal Plan last week, I'm so sorry about that.  Here is the plan though:

Monday
Breaded Chicken Tenderloins, Mashed Potatoes and Salad

Tuesday
Patty Melt Sandwiches with Chips

Wednesday
No Peek Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

Thursday
Beef Fajitas, Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans

Friday 
Family is coming to town to stay the weekend and we are all meeting at a local restaurant for dinner


On my to do list:::
Housework:::Just tidy up, I did a good house cleaning yesterday
Bedroom - Change comforter (I changed sheets yesterday)
Kitchen - Unload and reload dishwasher, clean counters.
Pay bills
Call towing company to pick up my car from dealership


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still working on the crochet blanket, it's been slow going as I haven't had much time and am also needing more yarn.


Looking forward to:::
Spending Labor Day weekend with family.  We also have a wonderful time and laugh so much.  There will be snack type foods and lots of board and card games going.            


Looking around the house:::
It is clean and tidy and I don't have to do much of anything today.  There's nothing like waking up on a Monday to a clean house.   


From the camera:::
Is there anything better than rain?




What I'm wearing today:::
Shorts and a tank top. 


Thinking about:::
Nothing in particular which is shocking for me, usually my mind is going a mile a minute with constant thoughts of upcoming events or things I want to make or create.  


Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
Whatever season of life you’re in right now, don’t be so focused on the next gift you want that you miss the grace God has already given you. - Steven Furtick


10 comments:

Luludou said...

I like reading your posts Sandra. Thank you for hosting these link-parties. Have a great week.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I love your inspiration this week and I'll have to pop over and check out the No Peek Chicken - it sounds quite intriguing. Have a GREAT week.

Jean said...

Love your photo of the rain though some us like that sunshine a bit better ;) Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sandy J said...

Happy Monday! Have a great week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sweetie!
Sending you continued cooler weather thoughts. It's been cooling a lot more in the northwoods and I'm starting to scout out more comfort food recipes for the days ahead. 😉
And you're so right - nothing better than starting the week with a tidy home! And I adore your inspiration this week. Blessings to you and thanks for always being such a great hostess with the mostest ❤️

Dianna said...

Happy Monday! I agree, nothing is better than waking up to a clean house! That happened to me today too. :)

LA Paylor said...

my adoptive parents both grew up in the Depression... I heard a lot of stories firsthand. One's values are set by not having enough to eat, and my father had to drop out at 8th grade to support the family. I would love to see all of Jamestown but our PBS app won't let me! I dvr all episodes that come on here, but they are scattered and hit or miss. Oy.
LeeAnna

Jodi said...

Glad its starting to cool down for you. Your menu sounds yummy! Have a great weekend with the family! Love your quote!

Pamela said...

Always love your Happy Homemaker posts - would love to join in again but I'm not really a full-time homemaker (yet!). Sorry you have to put up with links that are totally unrelated - drives me nuts to be part of a meme and look forward to reading like-minded posts only to find out they have nothing to do with the subject!

Kathie said...

Hi Sandra,

I hope you had an amazing week and a blessed Labor Day weekend!