Saturday, August 10, 2019

Hello 45!!!



For a couple of years now, I have chosen to put up a post and take a few pictures, on my birthday.

I used to feel a bit awkward doing it, because I'm not a naive person at all, and I've always struggled with my self love and self esteem.

As I started doing these, I've quite enjoyed looking back and seeing how I am aging.  It's a strange thing this aging process, isn't it?

To others it may feel like you're the same, and I often get comments like that "you haven't aged".

While I do appreciate them and they bring a smile to my face, I know that I've aged and I see it daily in my mirror.


What has gotten to me the most about my aging, hasn't even been my appearance, although I could do without the dark circles or bags, I mean who needs those?  None of us, that's who LOL

But, what will usually get me feeling a little out of sorts, is my body.  The fact that pains and aches seem to last longer and hurt more, the sciatica that is relentless, the sweats and hot flushes that have started plaguing me since last year.  There's also the cracks and pops when you get up or sometimes when you're just walking around, like earlier in Walmart, my right knee snapped so loud that my husband heard it. 

Those are the things that make me feel my age, and I'll be honest, it's not always that I feel that way, I have been incredibly blessed with good health and can't really complain.


Some of my best years have been from 40 on and I'm more than happy to continue down this road, God willing.

I thank the Lord every day that I've woken up, and when I go to sleep I thank Him yet again for allowing me another day.  You might be wondering why I do this, what's the point?

Well aside from being thankful to my Lord, I really am grateful for every day that I'm living because there are far too many young souls out there who have not been given the same opportunity.   Plenty of people who would have loved nothing more than to have reached my age, and unfortunately were taken too son, whether to sickness or accidents or by someone's hand.

The way we react to things around us and what life throws our way, is the only thing that really matters, and I've chosen to accept every wrinkle, line, pain and ache on this journey of life.


I don't know what age I will live through, and that's ok, we don't always have to be in the know.  Truth be told, I think God does that on purpose, cause speaking just for myself, if I knew what was coming, I would no doubt mess it all up in one way or another. 

So, welcome 45, I've been waiting for you.  I know I have the great ol' menopause lurking around the corner, but hey, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Happy Birthday dear Sandra, thank you for being who you are.  It's taken many years for me to be able to say I truly do love myself and the person I am, and although there are a few things I would love to change or better in the future, I AM happy with this woman that I see before me.

Before I leave, let me show you real quick how I got spoiled by my children.  They know me far too well.


My oh my, look at those Cath Kidston goodies?  I was sooooooo happy when I opened this gift, I couldn't stop jumping around.

This mug screams SANDRA, like really screams Sandra.  I've been eyeing it for ages.  My sweet daughter's best friend picked it for me.  Love it and love her ♥


My boy, my Nick knows his mama so well.  He picked this gorgeous candle.  The scent is Wild Garden and oh my goodness, it is like standing in a garden filled with beautiful flowers and just inhaling them right in.


My girl, she knows her mama too and she knows how I adore all Cath Kidston lotions and candles and stuff, so she got me a bath and lotion set.  They smell OUT OF THIS WORLD good.


Look at those two bath bombs with the flower petals inside.  Beautiful.

The scent is Cotton Patchwork and WOW.  Bergamot, Vanilla, Honeysuckle and more, it is just amazing.


And now look at the gorgeous little tin it all came in.  It's like a picnic basket with the handles, and the lid is so gorgeous, I can't even.  I get so giddy looking at all of this and already have ideas for what to use my tin for.  I'm thinking my crochet hooks and so on.




The other best friend of my daughter, Alex, picked this apron for me.  I can't.....ladies, I just can't even.

If you've followed me for years you will know how happy I was when I got my first Cath Kidston apron years ago, from my husband.  I've worn it almost daily and it's getting so old and worn, I kept thinking I need a new one but just haven't had the means to do it, and I can't justify making that purchase at the moment.


It is a vintage pinafore style apron, and I'm BESOTTED ♥♥♥


From the pattern to the cut, to how it fits, and the sweet pockets on the side.  It's everything I would have wished for and more.

So happy :)

My husband got me something so special to my heart, that I burst into tears when I saw it.  I don't have it yet, it is on the way because it was special ordered and won't be here until Tuesday, but I will show you when it gets in.

It's just.....I have to show you when I have it.

Anyway, I am headed out, I have to do a few errands and run by my brothers house real quick then pick up our daughter from work and so on.

I hope you all have a blessed weekend, and thank you again for all the love you show me on a daily basis, it warms my heart.

12 comments:

Felicia said...

Happy Birthday Sandra! I'm glad it started out so well, that apron is to die for, and I hope it continued to be just a wonderful.

Rachel said...

Happy birthday Sandra! πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

Susanne said...

A very happy birthday to you, Sandra! May you have a very blessed year. Sweet gifts from your children and what a pretty apron!

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday, Sandra, and what a lovely Cath Kidston birthday you had! So many lovely goodies. I hope you have a wonderful celebration with your family and a fabulous year!

Mary said...

Happy belated birthday, Sandra!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday dear Sandra! What lovely gifts you received. Have a wonderful weekend ~ FlowerLady

wisps of words said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Oh my, 45! -smile- My last one was in March, and I was 82!!!!!

So true, we are lucky to have reached the age, we each are.

Gorgeous presents... So "you". Wonderful...

Again, Happy Birthday!
✨πŸ‘✨

Michael White said...

Loved it! I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Keep it up.

I am the marketing manager of a book publishing company. Would you love to become our partner?

Please shoot me an email at mwhitegeek@gmail.com so that we will discuss about it.

Keep on being awesome!


Michael White

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Happy Birthday! You look great.
What lovely gifts you got. Can't wait to see your husband's that's on the way.
xo

Mari said...

Happy Birthday dear Sandra! Looks like you had a wonderful day. Your family and friends know you well. Can't wait to see what Curt got you!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday!! You look great!! Love all your goodies. The mug is gorgeous!!

Monique G. said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 45 club, it's not bad. I joined the club in June. I love your birthday goodies! I may have to show them to my daughter so she can recommend them for Christmas. The apron and mug are beautiful!