Friday, August 16, 2019

Meal Plan Friday #10


Good morning everyone, and a very happy Friday to you all :)

It's that time again, meal planning day, so let me show you what is on the menu for the upcoming week.

This past week I managed to stay on track.  I did change up on meal, I ended up not making the breaded pork chops last night, I was not feeling well at all and needed something quick, so made the Chourico Carbonara instead. It was delicious.  I don't have a recipe for it, I basically fried up some onions with garlic, olive oil and half of a green bell pepper.

I then sliced up some chourizo and popped that in.  Cooked it until it was done, then added a small can of Media Crema (cream), some parsley and cilantro and seasoned it with salt and pepper.  Mixed it all up with some noodles and popped it in the oven topped with some cheese.  Easy peasy and usually one of the family's favorite meals.
Hey guys welcome back to my blog.

I have a few Portuguese recipes this week, I've really been missing the food I grew up on, and so it's time to get a few served up.  The theme will more than likely continue on through next two weeks as well, but we will see how that goes.

As always you can check out the food blog, there are a ton of recipes on there that I'm sure you will enjoy.

I made the brownies a few days ago, they were delicious, and I'll try to get the recipe up either today or tomorrow, whenever I get a chance.  For desserts next week, I'll be whipping up a simple Portuguese pudding of sorts made with Maria Biscuits and condensed milk.  I'll share when I make it :) 



SHEET PAN CHOURICO PIZZA



 
BREADED PORK CHOPS, TOMATO RICE, PORTUGUESE SALAD



 
BACON CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS



 
FRANGO COM CHOURICO NO TACHO (Chicken and Chourico Bake)



 
CROQUETES DE ATUM (Tuna Croquetes)



 
BIFE A CERVEJARIA (Steaks Brewery Style) with homemade chips



 
SPAGHETTI, GARLIC BREAD, SALAD







Doce da Casa (Biscuit Coffee Pudding)



2 comments:

Mary said...

I love Portuguese food, while I’m not Portuguese (my mother in-law was), I grew up in southeastern Massachusetts which has a large Portuguese community. I will have to try making your chourico carbonara as I know we’d love it.

wisps of words said...

"Under the weather"...

Gentle hugs...

✨🍑✨