Wednesday, August 14, 2019

{ Those days where nothing goes as planned }


I'm having a cup of tea and sitting down to take a deep breath, after a bit of a crazy morning.

It was.....well, come on in and sit, I'll get you a cup of tea and tell you how it all went.

Grandma said there would be days like these, and she wasn't lying!!!


Jasmine had the day off work, but she had made an appointment to go and apply for a passport.  She has been saving money for a while and has plans to travel next year to visit friends overseas. 

So, off we went this morning.  It was downtown and I had never been to the building before and wasn't quite sure where it was, our town also has a lot of one way streets which confuse me, so I was a little nervous but I'm not one to shy away from things like these.  I got the GPS going in the truck and just got on the road.

It started with the GPS getting confused and wanting me to go one way where I didn't want to.  Basically I didn't want to have to take the highway when there was no need because the access road went straight to where I needed to go.  I just had Jasmine pull up the address on her phone and we followed those directions.

Then we arrive and there is no parking, all the parking is on the side of the road, so parallel parking and we have a huge truck .  There was no way I was going to even attempt that.  So drove around for 5 minutes to find a spot, and ended up having to park a block away at a different parking area.

Got all the paperwork done, the photos taken and so on and when it came to paying for it, the machines wouldn't take my daughter's bank card.  She had the funds, obviously, but turns out their machines went downright when we were paying, so the lady asked if we could go to an ATM and bring cash.

Sure. 

By this time I needed to go to the bathroom really bad.  I drink a lot of water, enough said.  I asked the lady if there was a bathroom around and she said, yes, but it's on the third floor. 

So, I decided to just go find the ATM first and then when we returned to pay, I would go to the bathroom.  Regretted that decision the minute we got to the truck because I realized that I REALLY had to go.  LOL


We drove around for 20 minutes trying to find an ATM.  Oh my word, there was nothing around.  I had to park 3 times, parallel parking a huge truck mind you, and all the while walking around town feeling like I'm about to burst.

Walked into 3 different bank buildings with no ATMs (my daughter's bank is in Idaho not local), and while in these buildings tried to use the bathroom.  2 of the bathrooms were locked and one was only for employees.  I actually debated running in but I didn't want to get in trouble.

We returned to the passport place, and the lady quickly informed us that their machines had come back right after we left.  Great!!!

Paid for it all, then had to take the elevator to the third floor to use the bathroom.  The building itself is old, dated back to the 1800's and absolutely gorgeous, but I was so done at this point.

Then we get back in the elevator and I hit a complete blank and instead of hitting the 1st floor button, I hit B for basement.  Jasmine and I looked at each other and quickly punched in the 1.  It's an old building folks, there's no way I'm going down to the basement hahahah

Finally headed back home and Jasmine asked me to stop at a Sonic because she wanted to buy us lunch to thank us for driving her around to all these places.

It should have been a quick and easy stop right???  Wrong!!!

If you've been to a Sonic you know you press the red button to let them know you're ready to order.  Pressed the button and wait 15 minutes with NOT one single response.  So drove around to the actual drive thru, stopped, waiting for the person to ask me what I wanted and again NOTHING.  Waiting 10 minutes, no cars behind me thankfully, yelled out a couple times "Hellooooooo".  Nothing!!!

I think you can take a gander at how I was feeling by this time.

So I pulled up to their window and asked the lady if their drive thru was not working.  She tells me it is, but sometimes it doesn't register inside that there is someone there.  She apologized and took my order, and while that happened, 3 more cars pulled up behind me, all were able to use the drive thru with no problems.  Go figure!!!!

By the time I got home, I was so done, mentally and physically because of the heat. 

But hey, I survived and I had to smile thinking back on it because when my grandma used to say "there will be days like these", I laughed it off and thought she was just trying to be, well, grandma.

Tell me, have YOU had days like these?

6 comments:

wisps of words said...

Oh mercy, what a day!

I especially sympathize with the needing a "pottie" part!!!!!!!

Hope you take lots of rest, to recover from your "day like Grandma said"! :-)

Gentle hugs...

Dianna said...

Ugh, I can't abide parallel parking. I would park and walk too! I'm glad you survived the day. :) Sometimes it just all happens at once.

Mari said...

Oh my! What a day! And I have been in that 'I gotta go' situation too. It's awful!

Pamela said...

Let's hope you've had all the crazy in one day and that the rest of the week and weekend are stress-free.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Holy moly - what a crazy day!! And yes, I have had days like those too. Everything that can go wrong does. Just makes the good days that much better, right? 😉 Blessings xo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.