Friday, April 07, 2006

WHEW!!!!

I swear it's like a HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have to start by thanking you all for your prayers when I was really freaking out and being paranoid. And then I have to thank myself, yes, myself, for finally realizing that it's not about control and that in order for God to help me I have to give him the chance to do so. Boy have I learnt so much these past few days.

So, as I'm sure you can tell, my appointment went extremely well. I got a clean bill of health and I'm doing fine. SEE YA BACK IN A YEAR!!!! That's what the doc said, and thank GOD for that LOL

But you know there's nothing like a scare like that to make you appreciate things more and slow down. I always say that just when I think things are going great, the Lord throws something my way just to remind me that I've gotten too caught up in materialistic and non important things. Thanks for the wake up call, I needed it LOL

So today I've been running around, doc appointment, downtown for some errands, library, commissary, hospital to pick up meds etc. I'm POOPED!!! I'm so ready for bed and I'm hoping the kids will cooperate with me tonight, because for the past 2 days we've had HELL trying to get to sleep.

It's yet another friday so that means "Remember When???". There are so many good stories, but I have to say that one of the best ones was with my sister in law. So here it goes:

************************************************************************

*REMEMBER WHEN???*

Before my brother and sister in law got married, and while they were dating, Hayley would come sleep over at our house. We went to school together and were in the same class and good friends, so it was always fun to have her over on the weekends, it was like a pajama party every friday and saturday night.

We would pig out on chips and coke *the drink*, get your minds out of the gutter LOL
Then we would stay up all night just talking and laughing, boy we laughed so hard, you guys remember those days with your girlfriends just laughing until you cry and can't breathe anymore. LOL

So one night we are laying in bed talking and laughing etc, and then all of a sudden we hear this noise. We both clam up real fast and look at each other.

Me- What was that?!?!?
Hayley - I don't know!!!

We go back to talking and laughing and again we hear another noise which sounded like fast pitter patter of feet running around the room.
Again we stop and ask the same questions......still can't figure out what it is. At this time we decide to forget about the talking and just lay there quietly trying to figure out what it is, we sit up in the bed, in the dark and hear the noise again, we both look towards the bedroom door and since there was a light in the hallway it was easy to see anything that went by the door.
We hear the noise again and then we see it, this mouse running by my bedroom door. LOL

You KNOW that mice and girls don't mix. We jump up in bed and start screaming our heads off. LOL My two brothers come running into the room asking what's wrong and when we tell them it's a mouse they give us this "Oh brother" look. LOL
Let me just tell you it was hilarious to watch my brothers trying to catch this mouse while Hayley and I remained on top of the bed and let out blood curdling screams everytime the poor mouse ran from one side to the other. LOL

But I have to say the boys were very handy, with their brooms and all LOL

So there you have it, another remember when, I'm sure Hayley remembers it very well LOL

***********************************************************************

So it's friday and that means I get to relax in front of the tv tonight and watch my shows. You all know I love scary movies and scary shows. LOL
I always watch "Most Haunted" and "Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns" on the Travel Channel. Really it's for entertainment because the things they do on these shows are pretty hilarious. Curt and I always look at each other and shake our heads LOL

I'm also going to finish the last pages of my book. It's taught ME so much, mainly the fact that every single struggle and problem that we go through make us who we are today. Without going through that grief, that pain, that heartache, we wouldn't be as strong as we are. So for that I'm truly thankful.

Hope you all have a great Friday and a great weekend :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Again love your remeber whens!! So very glad to hear things at the doctor went well. I was thinking about that literally all day. I never realized how close bloggers can get lol!

Anonymous said...

What IS it with girls and mice LOL I'm just as scared of them

someone else said...

I love the mouse story. I can totally see me doing something like that. I.HATE.MICE!!