Thursday, August 21, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday!

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.


As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.

http://www.epicurious.com/images/recipesmenus/2007/2007_may/238290.jpg

Snappy Meatball Heroes

1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1 lb extra lean ground beef
8 oz ground turkey
1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
1/4 c. dry red wine
6-8 hoagie rolls, split and warmed

In large bowl, beat egg with salt, seasoning, red pepper flakes and garlic. Add chopped onion, beef, turkey, crumbs and parmesan cheese; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2" balls. Place meatballs in 5 qt or larger slow cooker.

In same bowl, mix tomato sauce and wine; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook at low setting until meatballs are no longer pink in middle, cut to test (5-6 hours).

Carefully lift meatballs from cooker and place 3-4 in each split roll; moisten with a little sauce from cooker. If desired add condiments (pepper strips, slices mozzarella cheese, olives, etc) to each sandwich. Makes 6-8 servings.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks yummy. Thanks for sharing.

MJ

Carla said...

Man thats pretty! I have got to find my slow cooker!!! Thanks for sharing your recipes!

Renee said...

Oh, Yum! My mouth is watering just looking at that picture. Can't wait to try this.

Kelli said...

I am putting this on my menu for next week...thank you, Sandra!
Hugs,
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am *so* making these next week! The 3 year old is on a meatball kick!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

My slow cooker is my favorite thing in my kitchen...been wanting to join for a while and finally got to it! :-)

The meatballs look fabulous! Definitely have to try that!

~melody~

Lulu said...

man, that looks so delich!

Mari said...

Yummy! I'll have to try this one. My family loves sandwiches.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hubby will love these!! Sorry I'm late this week.

Angela's Kitchen said...

Thanks for hosting. This recipe looks great! My kids would love this!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Looks yummy. i'll have to try it.. I went back and added my link.. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy and I've been craving meatball subs lately. I don't know what's come over me. I will try this one instead of forking out $6 for a 6' sub.

Jenn said...

Sandra--
I love the look of your site, so pretty!!! I'm going to try this recipe next week. Looks super yum~