Monday, October 20, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook!

Hi everyone, come on in and see what's in my daybook!

If you want to join in, just got visit Peggy over at The Simple Woman, read the guidelines here and then add your name to Mr Linky. There are so many other participants sharing their day, I'm sure you'll enjoy looking through them :)


FOR TODAY
Outside my Window...
birds at the feeder on my lemon tree.....a few scattered wispy clouds across the sky.

I am thinking...
that I need to start the coffee pot or I won't be able to function at all.

From the learning rooms...
nothing much, still reading up on Gettysburg a bit.

I am thankful for...
for the relaxing weekend we had and for the time spent with my husband and children.

From the kitchen...
For breakfast it will be chocolate donuts, for lunch will be a grilled cheese and tomator sandwich and yogurt.....Dinner is a Mexican Potato Casserole.

I am wearing...
my robe and slippers, haven't gotten dressed for the day yet

I am reading...
The Invitation by Nancy Moser. This book is amazing and I've found myself crying in so many parts but also opening my eyes to the Lord's message. Love it.

I am hoping...
to get the floors swept and mopped and all the laundry put away.

I am creating...
finishing up my Home Binder and going to start knitting for the Knit One, Save One campaign.

I am hearing...
Absolute silence, the children are still asleep.

Around the house...
craziness and chaos waiting to be cleaned and organized.

One of my favorite things...
laying in bed, watching one of my favorite series from Netflix. McLeod's Daughters

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Parent Teacher conferences this week, a run to the library and a stop at the base Airman's Attic to donate some items.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


15 comments:

Tina Leigh said...

That picture thought is making my belly growl!!!!! We finally got some cooler weather here. 49 when I got up but high's in the 70's still. Oh well.

Pamela said...

The Mexican Potato Casserole sounds yummy - can't wait to see pictures and the recipe!

Cheri said...

Yummy- grilled food is just the best. I think I could smell it from here!

Mississippi Songbird said...

That looks so good.. I love grilled food too..

Jen said...

The grill looks great. Our grilling season is over for now. But we do still grill in the winter. I can't wait to see the recipe for the mexican casserole.

Michelle said...

The food on the grill looks so tasty.have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Hi sandra,
I love reading your day book.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hi sandra,
I love reading your day book.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Marlayna said...

The grill looks delish. My mom keeps encouraging me to wake up in the wee hours for some quiet time, I just can't seem to do it.

Anonymous said...

I need to add that book to my "to read" list!

The Bookworm said...

Funny, I have a parent teacher evening this week too. It would have been helpful if dd had remembered to give me the notice about it, though - I only found out about it today!

Susanne said...

I'm awaiting the recipe for the Potato casserole! Sounds yummy! And I'm drooling all over the keyboard with that picture.

That book sounds very good Sandra!

Unknown said...

We're having Mexican for dinner too. Yours sounds yummy!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Mondays are hard for me to get to everyone early. You and I think alike on that coffee pot in the morning LOL. I just can't think straight until I've had that first cup. Great day book - have a good week!

A happy heart at home said...

Hi, Sandra. Thanks for coming by my daybook. I enjoyed yours. That picture makes me hungry! We're supposed to get one inch of snow tonight - brrr!

~Susan