Monday, April 19, 2010

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cloudy and a little windy, I'm hoping for some rain and not because we need it right now, but purely because I love it LOL


Things that make me happy:
Cooking, being in my kitchen and just trying new recipes or making something up or putting together an old favorite.


Book I'm reading:
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen - I took a break from the books I have to review and am really enjoying this one.


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Stargate Universe
Monarch of the Glen


On the menu for dinner:
Trisha Yearwood's Baked Spaghetti


On my To Do List:
Dust
Clean Bathrooms
Sweep and Mop


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Tried a few, like Sweet and Saltines, Hot Corn Dip, Twice-Baked Potatoes. SO good, you can check them out on my food blog.


In the craft basket:
Granny Square Blanket
T-shirts for restyling


Looking forward to this week:
Kids off school tomorrow, though we do have dentist appointments on that day.


Tips and Tricks:
Trying to get rid of the weeds growing the cracks of your sidewalk or driveway? Pour some straight vinegar on them.


My favorite blog post this week:
Didn't get blog reading done last week, I'm doing that today.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
A Little House by the Big Woods - just discovered this blog last week and love it.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

http://mi9.com/datawallpaper/data/22/4154/_5Bmi9_com_5D_summer_20flower_20field_20and_20blue_20sky/summer-flower-field-and-blue-sky_size_800x500.jpg


Lesson learned the past few days:
If my instinct tells me something, go with it, don't question it. I always find that if I follow it, it will lead me in the right direction.


On my mind:
My annoying tooth, it's like it knows I'm seeing the dentist tomorrow because last night I took a bite out of a pear and some of the filling broke up. Ugh.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
Proverbs 3:7-8


5 comments:

Amy said...

I love your post and I'm so enjoying your blog!! Have a great Monday! Stop by for a visit if you wish! ~Amy

Rachel said...

Yum, Your baked spaghetti sounds so much better...might have to try that!

Anonymous said...

I love Monarch of the Glen. I haven't watched it for ages though.

xxxx

Jen said...

I love the scripture passage! I also have posted the peanut butter bread recipe on my blog. Let me tell you it is addictive!!

annies home said...

what a beautiful picture