Monday, April 05, 2010

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }

hhm


The weather in my neck of the woods:



Things that make me happy:
Talking to family about funny stories or family vacations. I love reminiscing.


Book I'm reading:
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Graeme-Smith. I just started it, Curt read it in one day and really enjoyed it and then passed it on to me. I'm enjoying it so far, I like that it's got the whole vampire hunter side to it but it also is like a biography of Abraham Lincoln. Very interesting book.


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Stargate Atlantis - Season 4
Battlestar Galactica


On the menu for dinner:
Skillet Supper


On my To Do List:
Put away laundry
Dust
Clean Bathrooms


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Not a new recipe but one I hadn't made in years. Ham, Cheese and Sausage Rolls.



In the craft basket:
Bread Bags
Granny Square Blanket
T-shirts for restyling


Looking forward to this week:
My baby boy turning 7 years old on Sunday. I just can't believe he is growing so fast.


Tips and Tricks:
To remove stains from pie pans, cookie sheets, and other cookware, soak then in a mix of water and borax.


My favorite blog post this week:
Boy I read through tons and tons of great posts these past few days. Hard to pick just one, but I guess I can say this one "Why I share my recipes" at Moms in Need of Mercy.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Nienie Dialogues - I can tell you that very rarely do I find a blog that I read and it brings me to tears. But this one had me a total mess, I was literally sobbing as I went back and read through each and every single post ever made.

You may be familiar with the story of the young Arizona couple that were in a small plane crash back in 2008, they are parents of four little ones and their small airplane went down in St John's, AZ.

I had no idea when I first came across this blog that it was them. All I can tell you is that if you have some time to spare, to go on over and read through all the entries starting way before the almost fatal crash. They are truly inspiring!

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/Landscape/Ocean/Tropical-breeze-Landscapes-Summer-1-1440x900.jpg


Lesson learned the past few days:
To trust my instincts, to know that if something is telling me not to do something or to DO something, I need to listen.


On my mind:
All the sewing, knitting and crocheting I want to do. My mind is completely overflowing with ideas and projects, it's overwhelming at times.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."
Matthew 28:5-7


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra - hope you had a great Easter. I need to trust my instincts more too, that's a great lesson to learn.

Hugs Sarah x

Mary said...

Great Bible verse! I also love your new layout. :)

Jen said...

I also have many projects I want to do. I've added a section to my home management binder just for crafts I want to do.

I love the new layout. I pray your Easter was a good one.

Jenna said...

I love the photo! It makes me want to head to somewhere warm and tropical!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Fun! I'd never done this before. I love the photo you used. I'd LOVE to be there today instead of rainy Portland. The photo was the hardest part for me, so I put my three-year-old's "crazy" face out there for the world.

Emjoy your day! Can't wait to see what everyone else has going on.

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

I love this picture you shared. Makes me want to pick up the goggles, hope over the ledge and keep on going.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat