Saturday, April 17, 2010

{ Five Senses Saturday }

Hello??? Anyone still there? Oy, I have just been awful at updating this week, I've been so busy and haven't had a chance at all to get on the computer, if I didn't have my Happy Homemaker Monday and Cooking Thursday posts already set to post, I would be in trouble.

Lots going on here, lots of fresh air and warm sun, cooking and housework and walking and having fun, it always gets a little crazy when the warm weather arrives, but I'm hoping to still come in everyday and say hi. This week was just a fluke, I'll leave it at that.

So here's what's been going on around here:

::Hear::


2010_04160069

- Owl City "Fireflies"
- Jets running in the distance
- My children laughing in the backyard
- My mom's voice on the phone, it's good to call home
- Jasmine singing from her bedroom



::See::

2010_04160064

- New lemons growing
- Birds all over my back yard enjoying the sprinkler
- Kids report cards
- My shows on the tv
- Pugs playing on the couch



::touch::

2010_04160038

- Weeds fuzzy little heads
- My hot cup of coffee in the morning
- The pages of the book I'm reading
- My dried lavender
- Soap suds as I do the dishes



::taste::

2010_04160021

- Sweet and Saltines
- Twice-baked potatoes
- Subway Western Breakfast Sandwich
- Cold water with a slice of lemon
- Nicholas' birthday cake



::smell::

2010_04160079

- Fried chicken sizzling on the stove
- Lavender candle burning on the coffee table
- My kiddos after their bath (is there anything better?)
- Freshly cut grass
- Lemon blossoms

10 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Sandra,great posting.sorry that I have not been commenting as much as I used to.

Linds said...

Love this, Sandra! You are right, nothing better than kids after a bath. Well, kids almost any time! I remember the smell of my abncient lemon tree too, and the blossom, and just rubbing the leaves. I always think of it when I pop over to your place, you know - you and lemons go together in my mind in the best of ways!

Jenna said...

Such a creative post! I may have to use your idea. I've been stuck in a creative rut and have only been posting pics of my daughter lately =)

Renee said...

Wonderful post!

Lulu said...

lovely post.
take care,

Mari said...

I love this post! You've intrigued all five of my senses!

Susanne said...

Some weeks are just like that, aren't they?

Yum, yum, yum. Fried chicken. Haven't had that in forever. I might just have to make next weekend.

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

Congratulations, You have won a copy of the book, The Wife's Tale from my blog giveaway and I need you to email me with your mailing information so I can get the book shipped out to you. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Amy said...

What a wonderful blog you have that I have stummbled upon. Great post!! Come over for a visit if you wish :) Happy Monday!! ~Amy

Tina Leigh said...

Good post!