Monday, April 12, 2010

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }

EDIT: I apologize for Mr Linky not working, I don't know what is going on with that thing it's constantly doing this lately. I've decided to just switch completely to McLinky. I've put up the list so go ahead and add your links now :)

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's beautiful outside, nice and warm, not a cloud in the sky. Love it.


Things that make me happy:
Having fun with my family.


Book I'm reading:
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Graeme-Smith.


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Stargate Atlantis - Season 5
Battlestar Galactica


On the menu for dinner:
Pita Gyro Burgers and Salad


On my To Do List:
Put away laundry
Dust
Clean Bathrooms
Start my Spring Cleaning


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
There are a ton that I want to try from my new Trisha Yearwood Cookbook, can't wait for next menu cycle to start so I can make them.


In the craft basket:
Bread Bags
Granny Square Blanket
T-shirts for restyling


Looking forward to this week:
Spring Cleaning, I don't really enjoy doing it at the time, but I love the feeling afterward.


Tips and Tricks:
Ant Control:
  • Spread some ground cinnamon where you think the ants are coming in to the house.

  • Basil repels flies and mosquitoes. To deter ants, use catnip. Sprinkle it in their paths.

  • Make a mixture of 2/3 cup water, 1/3 cup white vinegar, and 2-3 Tablespoons dish soap. Spray where the ants are marching.



My favorite blog post this week:
Way too many to just single one out.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Chiot's Run - I love this blog, love the photos.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):




Lesson learned the past few days:
One I learn almost every week. That time FLIES. Embrace every moment you have with your loved ones.


On my mind:
Summer vacation, trying to plan something fun for 8 people in California. It's gotta be inexpensive and just for a day or two trip. If you have any hints PLEASE feel free to tell me.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:9

10 comments:

The adventure of a redneck mommy. said...

http://mrsdanielstrain.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-homemaker-monday_12.html

there is mine.. hope your monday is wonderful

Keeper of the Home said...

http://frugalhomeliving.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-homemaker-monday-4-12-10.html

Here is my link....the Mr. Linky would not show up to let me add mine there so I am doing it this way. I hope that's ok.

~Mrs. M

Christina said...

I can't wait to hear what you are making out of the Tricia Yearwood cookbook. It sounds like a good one.

I'll have to think about the CA one. I'm not that familiar with this state but I sometimes run across someone who has lived there and If I do I will ask.

I have to do my bathrooms today too.

Anonymous said...

Here's mine: http://another-bend-in-the-road.blogspot.com/2010/04/weather-in-my-neck-of-woods-its-been.html

I couldn't get into Mr Linky either.

It's beautiful weather here too. xx

Mary said...

I love the picture you posted! I also agree with your lesson learned. Our little ones grop up too fast. Happy Homemaker Monday!

Linky deal isn't working so here is my post...

http://kandmbaby.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-homemaker-monday_12.html

Jen said...

I love your scripture! I love the ant control tip! I wonder if Cinnamon Basil would do the trick as well....hmmmm I'm going to have to check this out.

Have a great day!

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

When are you planning on coming to California and do you have a general idea of what part you are planning to visit?

Love this picture, makes me want to grab a book and hop on in and walk down the end of the path and sit on the edge of the dock and put my feet in.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Elenka said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nicholas!!
Sandra, believe it or not, I have been searching for a Maine postcard since I agreed to exchange them with you. I can not find one in my travels to different stores in Maine! I guess it's not tourist season yet, I don't see any out anywhere!!! Don't worry, the second I see one, I will get 'er done. The closer we get to Memorial Day, and hence, tourist season, the better chance I will have. I have not forgotten!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It does feel great to have it done--spring cleaning, that is. I am constantly on the lookout for new recipes to try. Maybe I'll check out Tricia's cookbook. ★Linda

ruth stiles said...

I can't even link up with the thumbnail...so my post is on my blog. I love the picture you had in your post. so serene and peaceful.