Sunday, April 25, 2010

{ Birthday Girl }

2010_04250075

11 years ago I was embarking on one of the most important, happiest, stressful, scariest, heart wrenching journeys of my life.

I was a young girl, a newly married wife, and a woman about to become a mother for the first time.

I clearly remember the day Jasmine was born, it will forever be ingrained in my mind, not only for the tough birth but because it changed everything, it changed ME, it changed US!

She is beautiful.....
2010_04250066

She is funny....
2010_04250078

She is all about keeping in touch with her friends.....even those she hasn't seen in years.
2010_04250089

She's growing into a stunning teenage girl, it pulls at my heartstrings...
2010_04250090

If only there was a way to describe how much we adore this child, if only she knew what she meant to us....
2010_04250093

She loves her brother, and yes they fight but she would go to the ends of the earth to protect him and him her. I love that about them.
2010_04250096

She's quirky and naughty and silly and emotional at times....
2010_04250102

She's daddy's girl, he's wrapped around her little finger and she knows it. Look at her expression....
2010_04250108

She's everything to me, my little baby girl turning into a woman, making me smile, making me proud and making me cringe at the thought of her growing up so fast....
Image1

We love these children and we sometimes find ourselves doing the silliest of things to bring a smile to their faces....
2010_04250113

2010_04250115

It's all about them.....
2010_04250118

But today was all about her. I hope she continues to thrive and continues to show off her independent and carefree personality. She has the world at her fingertips and we have no doubt that she will go far.....
2010_04250120

But for tonight, she's still our baby girl and until the clock strikes midnight, NO ONE can say otherwise.
2010_04250145

12 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. She looks so much like her mommy. Enjoy these days together. I am sure she is the sunshine of your life.
Blessings,
Sherry

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday Jasmine!!

I know how you feel my oldest will be 12 this June

Conny said...

Happy Birthday to Jasmine!!! Hope she had a SUPER day!
She is so pretty (and yes, looks like YOU with red hair!). She looks all grown up UNTIL I saw the picture of her with her daddy ... and there she looks like a little girl again. I love daddy's girls!! :)

Mary said...

Sandra those are great pictures! I can see the little teenager coming out in the pictures. :) I love her red hair.

Happy Birthday Jasmine!

Pamela said...

I don't know how long I've been reading your blog, Sandra, but it's been a while as Jasmine has certainly grown up. She's a lovely young lady and I hope she has a great birthday!

Love the jumping shot!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your dear firstborn, your daughter.

Beautiful thoughts about love and growing up in a family.

Enjoy each day as you and your children grow.

FlowerLady

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to Jasmine! She is beautiful and really is looking like a teenager.
I loved the pictures!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to Jasmine.

Sheila said...

Sandra,
Jasmine is gorgeous. I hope she has the happiest of birthdays!!
Your post brought tears to my eyes--you described exactly how I feel about my girls but have never been able to put in words.

autumnesf said...

Isn't it a journey???? I swear we don't truly know anything about heartbreak until we have kids.

My C will be 15 in June and she can tie her daddy up in knots with her moodiness and pouts.

Happy Birthday the J!

annies home said...

happy birthday to your young lady

Michelle said...

happy belated birthday to your beautiful girl!