Friday, February 08, 2013

Body and Mind!

2013_02070029

I've been on a journey to cleanse my soul, my mind, my body of all negativity that surrounds me.

It's not very easy because we are surrounded by so many people and things, constantly, some of which contribute nothing positive to our lives, so it's easy to let it all pile on and never really break free of those chains.

But breaking free is what I'm striving for and while I fill my soul with the Lord's word, I fill my mind with positive thoughts, and I fill my body with healthier food and exercise.

I'm not going to lie, I don't like exercising and it's almost like torture to get me working out, but I've realized that the older I get, the harder it is to shed those extra pounds.  Gone are the days when I could pig out on pizza and then be a little vigilant for about a week and be right back to pre-pizza time.

Yeah, that is not happening anymore.  The pounds come, and the pounds stay.

2013_02070002

Joining a gym, or even going to the gym is not going to work for me. I don't have the patience for it, I would much rather stay home. So, I've been doing Yoga, more specifically I've been doing the Diamond Dallas Yoga, which literally kills me. I am in so much pain today, it hurts to even go potty, no joke LOL

Wish I was a guy so I could do my biz standing up, because sitting down makes me cry. LOL

2013_02070034

I love food, what can I say. I can't diet, it just does not work, so I have to compromise with myself, I can eat what I want but I HAVE to work it off. Bummer, but oh well.

I'm also starting some Home Spinning classes, which I'm really excited for, and that is going to start on Monday. I can't wait to see the pounds drop and start getting my body in shape again.

For my soul, I am starting my One Year Bible Reading plan again, but I have to change it up a bit. I'm doing some research to find the best plan that works for me.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you all, are you ready?

I can't read the Bible straight through from the first book to the last. The Old Testament is extremely hard for me to get through, it's extremely dry reading and confusing and by the time I get to all the laws, I'm very discouraged, so I find myself jumping all over the place.

I think when it comes to Bible reading I need just that, to be able to jump around, read here and there and mix and match. It is the only way I'll make it through the first tough books.

I'm also surrounding myself with devotionals, like Joyce Meyer's Battlefield of the Mind, 31 Days Toward Intimacy with God by Joni Earickson Tada and my women devotionals.

Some days are great, others are not, but that's ok because I'm human so I usually stumble about, fall off and then pick myself up and get right back on it again.  Like today, I am so sore from yesterday's yoga that I did nothing, just relaxed, did a little sewing

2013_02080028

2013_02080030

a little baking for my new Lucky Leaf Giveaway over on Full Bellies, Happy Kids.

2013_02080023

and ordered pizza for dinner.

And since I didn't share last night, this is what we enjoyed for dinner yesterday, Kentucky Hot Brown Tart, just look at all that gooey mozzarella cheese, yum.  Recipe will be coming up on Full Bellies, Happy Kids.

Kentucky Hot Brown Tart

It's almost like I'm working towards a new me, liberating myself of negativity, of people that don't contribute anything to my well being, and of things which are not essential or necessary to my life.

Oh it's going to be tough, I know it is, but I'm up for the challenge.

Well my boys are playing Super Mario Bros on the Wii and laughing and shouting and being really loud. My girl is reading on her laptop, and I'm going to do some cookbook reading while I wait for my shows to come on tonight.

I do hope you're all staying warm and safe, if you're in the areas being affected by all that snow, keeping you in my prayers.

God Bless,







12 comments:

Kristen @ Hope Abound said...

Ive been doing the same thing. Negativity be gone! Its amazing how much better life is without it.

Kristen @ Hope Abound said...

Ps. Your enthusiasm for working out makes me chuckle. My thoughts exactly :-)

Nikita said...

Yoga is awesome.. I did that for migraines every night for three months.. and that was the only ting that saved me.. well that and vitamin b6.

Jen said...

Although I miss chatting with you on FB, I really enjoy stopping by your blog to see what you have been up to. It's more like coming to your house to share some tea instead of standing in the street talking.

I posted some pictures from the snow we are getting. It really has been a nice day. Especially since my husband stayed home!

I have also started the exercise torture. I'm happy to report I'm down 3 pounds this week. Have a great week!

Carol said...

I really enjoy yoga, too! And YES to getting rid of negativity. It can be so hard, but I gotta say that dropping negative people from your life (or learning to let it go when you can't get rid of them) is such a weight off your shoulders (and heart).

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, I know what you're talking about regarding the pounds coming off very sluggishly. My problem with that literally started back when I turned 30 and it's gotten increasingly more difficult. I have to watch what I eat, which was a big shock to me since, up until that time, I could eat whatever I wanted and as much as I wanted. Thankfully, I grew up in a home where healthy eating was the norm, and snacks and sweets were scarce so that helped. Last summer I started running with my sisters and did that until we could no longer run because it got dark out so early. I intended to keep it up on the treadmill, and I did for about two months and then quit. Boohoo. I'm like you - I really dislike exercising. At least in the basement. I love taking brisk walks outside. And I also wanted to say that Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind" is a great book. My thought life and patterns are really a struggle for me with my depression and anxiety disorder, and this book has been very helpful to me in that area. Well, have a most blessed weekend!

Debby said...

Ahh, the quest for a simple life is not so simple these day's. I am enjoying your walk!!!

Sarah said...

I LOVE Battlefield of the Mind! :) I'm impressed by your exercise regime...I should do more of that! :) x

Suellen Roley said...

I so needed this kick in the behind exercise wise. At 53, the pounds ONLY come off if I exercise, and even though I've been walking nearly every day it is time to get back on that nasty exercise bike and start lifting those nasty dumbbells again ROFL

Penny Lane said...

I have been reading the Bible this year as a resolution. I normally don't make resolutions, but after listening to Mark Batterson, lead pastor of National Community Church in WA DC., Talk about how if you added rather than taking things out for the new year you would change your life. He specifically refrenced reading through the Bible and it struck a cord with me. All the previous times I have tried reading through the bible I get to Deuteronomy and am finished. This year is different though, I have been studying more recently through Grace based churches, one most noticeable is probably Joseph Prince in Korea, there is a pod -cast. Also looking at the new-covenant that we were given when Jesus died on the cross for us and it has changed the outlook on the Old testament. Even though man fall, you can see where God began laying the foundation for the new covenant in Genesis. However the old testament can still be dry reading it with the new covenant in mind has brought it to life and given me an excitement for the plight of the Jews. There is a book I have heard about, but have not yet read called The Miracle Scarlet Thread: Revealing the Power of the Blood of Jesus from Genesis to Revelation.
I hope reading the old testament through new covenant eyes helps you. Seeing it as more than laws passed down, but as the foundation for our need for Jesus is wonderful, (that word does not do it justice). Also if you have You Version you can listen to it being read to you, I personally like the mans voice who reads it in the NLT version.

Jenna Smith said...

Our church is going through the book "The Story." I think you would really like it. The writers took the Bible and put it in chornological order so it reads more like a story. A lot of numbers, and geneologies are left out but it's a great tool to use to read alongside the Bible.

Unknown said...

For anyone wanting to make easy money from home...I do and I love it:-) Being a stay at home mama of 2 it's nice to bring in some extra money every day. If you are interested you can get signed up at www.yourmoneynow.ws and email me at getyourworkfromhomeon@gmail.com for any questions!