Friday, February 01, 2013

Pretty dishcloths!

Flower Dishcloths

I see the dishcloth I posted yesterday was liked by many of you.  :)

It really is adorable isn't it?  And I think they make the kitchen look so pretty.  Aside from their functionality, which I have to say is fantastic and I happen to believe that they clean better than sponges and other dish scrubbers out there.....I find that if I have a pretty dishcloth at my fingertips, it makes the washing up fun.

Flower Dishcloths

Much as I love my other square ones, I think these are quickly becoming my favorites. They're definitely more girly and I think the color combinations can be endless. I'm using all my summer colors so that I'll have a nice stash when summer rolls around.

They are very easy to make, I made two more this morning.

Flower Dishcloths

The blue one you already saw yesterday, the pink and green is new, crocheted that one in 30 minutes while I was watching my soap. No kidding, it's that fast.

You DO have to concentrate a little when you get to row 6, 7 an 8, so you don't get confused with the pattern. But, otherwise, it's a piece of cake.

Flower Dishcloths

For the smaller one, it's pretty funny actually. I wasn't intending to make it smaller, but between the constant interruptions from the kids, and the phone ringing off the hook, I ended up with only 5 petals instead of 6.

Don't ask me how, I have no clue, but instead of messing with it and trying to fix it, I decided to just leave it as is, and I actually love the smaller one :)

Flower Dishcloths

Tomorrow I'll make another 2 or 3, depending on how much time I have on my hands. There are a couple errands I have to run in the morning, like picking up Jasmine's glasses, going to Petsmart for some Turtle food and a new filter and something else that I know I have to do and can't for the life of me think of it at the moment.

Anyway, some of you wanted the pattern. The one I'm using is the Flower Power Dishcloth Pattern from Doni Speigle available through Ravelry.

Love the colors she used, and luckily for me, I have the exact same colors in my stash :)

Also had grocery shopping this morning, and I always find that I'm exhausted by the time I've returned home and put everything away.  Takes FOREVER doesn't it?

I did squeeze in some time to make a fresh batch of Homemade Laundry Detergent.   Only thing missing is the Borax which my commissary didn't have, but since I am going to be near a Walmart tomorrow, I'll check there.

2013_02010016

Now I have some Crockpot Nachos just sitting on warm, as we wait for hubby to come home for dinner. He's a little late tonight due to some AMU ceremony or something.

2013_02010017

If you want to try out these yummy nachos, you can get the recipe on my blog.


2010_03190057

I have some reading to do tonight for some reviews coming up and I also have my ghostie shows, so it will be a quiet evening at home.

Hope you are all having a good end to your Friday.

God Bless,



15 comments:

Debby said...

Your dish rags are just lovely!!!!! Who wouldn't want to wash dishes when using something so sweet!!

Cheri said...

The dishcloths are super cute and I really love the soap container!

Tasha said...

my daughter Samantha and I loves your flower dishrags and Samantha wants me too make the crock pot nac hos. looks yummy gotta try that one too.

Manuela said...

so pretty!

Judy said...

I always love coming here, you have the most YUMMIEST photos! Does that make any sense? (lol) I love the dish cloths, and I'm heading to Ravelry to check the pattern out.

Mari said...

This is such a cheery post! I love the dish cloths and that laundry soap container is just charming!

Sweet Tea said...

Must print our the Nachos recipe. Yum!
The dish cloths are cute, cute, cute!

Terri said...

love those dishcloths - i have to try to do some of those. How many does your nacho recipe serve? I want to make them for super bowl - they look better than the recipe i was going to use!

Sandrocas said...

Thank you, those really are adorable!

Jamie said...

Thank you so much for sharing the dishcloth link. I've downloaded it.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Those little dishcloths are adorable. I love the two square dishcloths that I won in your give away. You are so right too, they make doing dishes a happier experience for me.

Thanks for the link for these flower dish cloths.

Have a wonderful weekend ~ FlowerLady

Anna said...

love the dishcloths!

Cathy said...

Your new dishcloths are so cute! I'm so glad you posted the pattern. I'm going to try my hand at making a few of them. I'm currently working on one of those sweeper cloths you posted the other day. Those nachos look yummy!

autumnesf said...

Dishclothes are the main reason I wish I could knit or crochet. People have tried to teach me for years but I'm not only left handed, I just can't seem to get it no matter what.

Sherri B. said...

Sweet dishcloths...thanks for the link. Love the fresh Spring colors. xo