Friday, August 25, 2006

IT'S FRIDAY ?!?!?!!?


What is it with time lately? Am I the only one noticing that it's flying by?

I remember being a kid and frustrated that the days would just drag on, I mean really, the hours seemed like days to me. That could have been because I was a kid though, and bored a lot LOL

But whatever, hey it's friday and that is nice, it means I can sleep in tomorrow and not have to worry about getting kids to school on time.

Just got back from dropping off Jasmine at school. If there's one thing that I truly appreciate when school starts, is the fact that I can get out of the house at 8am, take a nice 10 minute walk and enjoy the sunshine and the crisp air. I think we all take walks for granted, we've grown used to driving everywhere, even at the grocery store we look for the spot closests to the doors. Why?!?!?! Have we really become that lazy???

I put off driving as much as I can, and unless I REALLY need to, like when it's too far or if I'm getting groceries etc, otherwise I walk wherever I'm going. It feels wonderful!!!



I got my new candlewicking patterns in the mail yesterday, so I'm excited to get those started....they're called Grandma's Baskets and they are adorable. My mind is already racing with the possibilites of what I can make, coverlets, pillows, curtains??? Yes, Yes and YES!!! Oh and if either of you are interested, let me know and I'll post the 3 patterns.

I'm having a bit of a BLAH day, have a pounding headache and that cold that I told you about, well, it went away and now it seems to be crawling around me again. At least it's the weekend so if I do get sick, hubby will be home to help me.

That leaves me with not much to say, trying to use my brain to come up with some clever or funny entry today, is just not really going to happen, so why push it right???

So I'm going to participate in something I have never done before....but I do see others doing it all the time (that sounds so bad)....maybe I should say, "I see others playing along on fridays". There much better!!!
It's the Friday's Feast....so here goes, and if I enjoy it, who knows I may just start playing every week :)



APPETIZER

If you could have a free subscription to any magazine, which one would you like to have?

I would have to say Taste of Home, I LOVE cooking and I love TOH Magazine, but they can be quite pricey and especially when you start buying all the different ones they have, so it would be nice to get it for free.


SOUP

Describe your living room (furnishings, colors, etc.)

Well if you live on an Air Force Base, you will know that the color is an ugly egg shell, how sweet....and this is what it looks like, I'm not good at describing things so I thought I better show you....


SALAD

What does the shape of a circle make you think of?

A plate of food??? See I'm bad, I love food too much, it seems it consumes my every thought.


MAIN COURSE

Name 3 things in your life that you consider to be absolute necessities.

I would have to say God, my family and my make up....yep I can't leave the house without wearing some, I'm just trying to be nice, I wouldn't want to traumatize anyone for life. That's all I'm saying :)


DESSERT

What was the last really funny movie you watched?

I would have to say Office Space. It's one of my favorite movies and no matter how many times I watch it, I laugh like a fool, it's just hilarious :)


And that my dear blogging friends, is all my brain will allow for today. If I had my way, I would be crawling back into bed right now and sleeping the day away, but that is in my wonderful rose colored dreams, in reality, I'm going to clean the bathrooms and the kitchen, do some laundry and then make sure I have what I need for tonight's dinner.....Chicken Ring!!! I'll post the recipe soon...Oh and don't forget to check below for my "Everyday Things" post AND check my food blog for the "Five Ingredients Friday" recipe :)

Have a great day everyone :)

16 comments:

mom of 2 said...

Please post pics of your new candle wicking creations...I love to see the things you make!! Hope the cold stays away and you have a great weekend!!

someone else said...

I sure hope your cold goes away soon! After suffering through this cough/chest junk for the past six weeks, taking one antibiotic for a week that wasn't strong enough and then it flaring up again, I KNOW your frustration. I finally got into Quick Care this morning and discovered I have bronchitis. More antibiotics for me -- I hope you come off better than I did.

Can't wait to see the candlewicking when it's done.

Jen said...

I'm sorry you feel BLAH today. I have days like this too. I hope the rest of the day has gotten better. Its TGIF so smile.
Jen

Michelle said...

Yep I feel like time is flying by too!

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow and no headaches! At least you can sleep in!

Barb said...

I don't know how you can do a post at all with a headache. I get migraines and when I have one, forget it. Life just stops until it's gone. You are so clever with all these cute little icons and flashy sparkly things you do.

Of course you obsess about food. My word, you have to be one of the best cooks in the world!

You did a great job on Friday's Feast. If you'd like to go back and forth with others of us who do it every Friday, go link this at Overwhelmed With Joy (she's in my sidebar.) Or maybe you did and I just don't know because I came here directly.

i think about the way time goes by so fast now all the time. You described it perfectly. The days went on forever when we were kids and now we wonder how it got to be Friday so fast! You're dead on about that for sure.

Christina said...

I totally enjoy your blog. As far as this post I have to say DITTO to Taste of Home magazine. I love their others too, but boy do they get expensive. Even with thie incredibly huge military discount (ha ha) they are still expensive. I guess I should shut up and Thank God at least we do get a discount. I wanted to say that I know what color your living room is only becasue my quarters are the same color. I wonder where they get all of this paint. Your living room is so inviting that the color is the last thing I thing about. You have done such a great job making these quarters a home. Last but not least...circle-plate of food...I totally get this one.

Beck said...

There's actually a funny psychological reason about why the days seem shorter as you get older - your pool of repeated experiences is smaller when you're a child, but as you grow older, your life tends to be made up of things that you've done before. And soooo, things seem to go by quicker. (my husband was telling me this the other day!)
I love the Taste of Home maagazines too, with the exception of those brand name product specials that they put out - yech.

Anonymous said...

Sure hope the weekend allows you some rest cos I would hate for you to feel BLAH for too long - I have come to enjoy peeping into your blog ;-). I'll be back on Monday again. Hope you feel much better by then.

Donnetta said...

I'm with you... It's Friday?!?!!! but this week I'll use more explanation points than question marks... I'm glad it's Friday!!!!! I needed it to come fast after the packed week I had! :-)

Sandra said...

mom of 2 - I'll be posting some tomorrow, been working on a new pillow today :)

morning glory - I'm SO sorry you've been going through that cold, hope those new antibiotics help you :)

Jen - Thank you :) Hoping these Blah's go away by tonight, I don't have patience for them.

michelle - Thank you :) Yep, tomorrow is sleep in day, I'm already anticipating my warm cozy bed....can't wait for nighttime :)

barb - For some reason when I have a headache is when I like doing things, guess in some weird way it takes my mind of the pain LOL ( I don't know ) Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you think I cook well, I LOVE food and cooking, you'll always find me in the kitchen :)

christina - I knew you would be able to relate to my beautiful walls LOL Thank you for your sweet words :)

beck - You know, that makes perfect sense when said that way.....now I know why the days seem shorter for me.

addie - Thank you for dropping by my blog and I'm so glad you enjoy it :) Have a great weekend :)

momrn2 - I'm SO glad to see you back visiting my blog :) I've missed you, you're such an amazing lady :)

Pamela said...

Sandra, Would love the candlewicking pattern, I used to enjoy the craft when my hubby and I were first married, and haven't seen it for a while now.

You make military base housing look good...love your picture wall!

Unknown said...

Our posts today started off the same. I was thinking the same thing this morning, time goes by way too fast. I was trying to explain that to my 7 year old - not to be in such a hurry to be my age. Blink and another year has gone by!

I liked the photo of your living room, I was thinking of buying a sectional but wasn't too sure because it's big.

I haven't done a Meme in such a long time, it just takes way too much time, effort and energy to think up answers. My brain is fried most days, I can't use the brain shrinks excuse either anymore. My youngest turned 1 last week so my time is up. (if you didn't know, they say your brain actually shrinks during pregnancy and doesn't get back to it's original size until 1 year after birth) interesting eh?!

rena said...

Hope that cold clears up and your feeling better soon.

I'm leaving tomorrow....on a...RV...though I wish it was a jet plane. We're going camping so won't be visiting for a week. Hope you have a wonderful week and I'll come visit you next weekend. Bye for now. Don't forget me!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

We've been without a car of our own since early June. It's really taught me how how dependent we've grown on it. I fully plan to keep up my bike riding even after our new car comes in a week or so. I think it's wonderful for both my mental and physical health and quite frankly I love it!

Girl Raised in the South said...

If my head hurt you wouldnt see anything because anything I said wouldnt be nice....I loved your three essentials. I have a girlfriend who absolutely does not walk out her door without makeup. I caught her once, at Curves, almost didnt recognize her!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting myblog.
I won't get to the Friday Feast this week, oops, leakign porch rof needed attention instead!