Thursday, August 24, 2006

There's a chill in the air

Woke up this morning and I felt..........cold!!! Hmmmm, that's not right, the afternoons are crazy hot, over 100 degrees, but then towards the middle of the night it starts getting nippy. But you know, there's the smell of fall in the air..............beautiful fall!!!

Picked up Jazzy from school yesterday, and I can always tell what kind of day she had, by her look. If she walks out annoyed then it was not good......so I'm standing there waiting and she runs out and gives me a hug and says "It was SO much fun mommy, I love my teacher and I love the kids in my class, and guess what?!?!! NO ONE got in trouble". (hahahah)

It was like music to my ears. So I'm happy to report that she is extremely happy with everything. Of course here in a few months, the situation may change, BUT for now it's all good!!!

I was tagged for a meme, so that is posted below, if anyone is interested....oh and if you missed it yesterday, head on over to my food blog. The Kielbasa Bundles were a huge hit, hubby couldn't get enough of them......so if you're a Kielbasa Family like us, they're perfect!!!

Some of you had asked me where I get the cute graphics I post, well, I find them on the internet, OR I make them myself using Paintshop Pro. It's a lot of fun being able to make whatever graphic you're in the mood for and right now I'm actually making some for the Treasure Tuesday feature. I made the one that I use, a long time ago, so I think it's time for some change. I'll post them all here and anyone is more than welcome to use them at any time.

While browsing through the blogs this morning, I came across a link provided by Adventures in Babywearing....if you do NOTHING else today, you have GOT to go here and watch. I literally jumped off my chair and had tears in my eyes. No No No, it's not one of those scary stupid internet jokes, it's totally different, and it's so powerful, it gave me chills.
Go on, I'll wait right here and then you come on back and tell me what you thought.......

The message in that video is so powerful isn't it??? When I first watched it, I had the volume turned down and it STILL affected me. Am I really ready??? Am I saved??? Do I know for certain that the Lord has a place for me in Heaven???
It's certainly given me a lot to think about!!!

It's time to get the kids ready, take Jasmine to school etc....all that fun stuff!!! Better get moving....but I left some hot coffee ready for you all, go ahead and help yourselves :)


12 comments:

Donnetta said...

I can't believe how many people are already in school. We don't start until after Labor Day. Glad to hear it is going well for your daughter!!

I always love the graphics you share! Keep them coming!!

someone else said...

It's always so nice to hear a good report from your child on the first day of school. It just sets the tone right from the start so that they anticipate the next day instead of dreading it. Cheers for Jasmine!

mom of 2 said...

So glad Jasmine is enjoying school...it makes it so much easier as a mom to send them off every day!! And what a powerful video...thanks for sharing it!!!

Karyzma said...

That's wonderful that Jasmine is so excited about school! THank you for all of the wonderful things that you share with us...videos, recipes, readings for thought, funny anecdotes, and everything else. You are great!

Hugs,
Kathy

rena said...

All caught up now (on reading your blog!) Your son and daughter are so cute! Glad she likes her new teacher and you got the one you wanted.
Great meme.
You're right, I haven't been around lately..busy, busy.
Will go have a listen to that link you recommended when I'm home tonight on my home computer...if you hadn't guessed, I'm sneaking a peak at work right now..on that note, gotta fly. Have a good day.

Courtney said...

I'm so excited for Fall. It means Matt's coming home!!! BRING ON THE COOL WEATHER!!! I'm ready for it this year! LOL!

Courtney said...

Wow! I just went over & saw the video. I had to come back & say well Wow! Thats about all I can say....Wow!

Barb said...

That little growing daisy icon is the cutest thing I've seen yet!

I just needed to say that! Where on earth do you find these cute things?

Michelle said...

That was definitely a powerful video!!

So glad to hear the first day went so well...what a relief!

I've saved the kielbasa recipe you posted :)

BlondeBrony said...

It amazes me how early you start the school year. I was just complaining to a couple of moms that are boys start before the September long weekend.

The leaves here are starting to change colours, and while I am excited about what fall will bring, I am sad to see summer go.

I love the photos of your kids and the cute images you find.

Thanks for sharing. I hope you'll stop by my blog for a quick visit.

All the best, I'll be back.

Angie said...

Whoa! That video is pretty powerful! I may need to share that on over here!
Makes ya think, doesn't it?

Looney Mom™ said...

That vid made me jump!! Wow. Short but to the point.