Sunday, August 27, 2006

Maple Pecan Coffee?!?!?!

Alright ladies, come on in. I have some Maple Pecan Coffee ready for you, let me tell you, it's delicious. I also have some Beer Bread if anyone would like a piece. I made it yesterday afternoon, from a recipe I found over at Farmgirl Fare.

I've mentioned her before, during one of my blog drives. She lives on a beautiful farm and always has such stunning pictures to share. She also loves cooking and has great recipes in the works, you'd be amazed at the stuff she comes up with.....yummy!!!

So come in, sit down, look you can sit on the porch swing if you wish.....come share this wonderful morning with me, it's only 54 degrees outside so it feels nice and cool. Let me tell you what is going on here at my house.

Yesterday afternoon I went to the library. We had some donations to drop off at Airman's Attic and also some other stuff to take to the Recycle Center, so hubby offered to take the kids AND the pugs (yes they go everywhere) for a short drive, he dropped me off at library so I could have some peace and quiet.

You all know what it's like trying to go anywhere, but especially the library, with young children. Jasmine is pretty good, but Nicholas, well, he's 3 years old AND he's a boy, he thinks everything is a game. I have to constantly tell him to be quiet and not talk so loud, or beg him "please please just get out from under the chairs". It felt good to be able to walk around and absorb all the wonderful book smells and just stand in awe of the amount and variety of books available. Small books, big books, paperback or hardcover, DVD's or Books on Tape....cooking, fiction, science, crafts...you name it. Come on now, tell me, is there anything better than a library????

By the time I walked out, I had 3 chic flicks (Ladies in Lavender, Just Friends, Charlotte Gray) and 10 books, I was as happy as the cat who ate the canary. You should have seen hubby's face though, it was a mixture of shock and amusement followed by laughing and a shake of the head. Yep, he loves me! LOL

I'll have plenty of reading material for the next few weeks, and what's best is that if I don't finish some when the due date is up, I can just go online to my library and recheck them out.

While I was sitting around waiting for my dinner to cook, I managed to do some more on my candlewicking, Grandma's Spring Bouquet Pillow. It's not quite finished yet, I still need to do the outside border, but so far it's looking beautiful. I'm hoping to get some free time today to finish it up and then try to sew them too. I'm just dying to see the finished pillows on my bed :)

I did manage to get everything done on my list yesterday, but I have some more laundry today, and then hubby and I are going to tackle our downstairs hallway closet.

It's become a drop off for everything that is in the house. I would like to keep just his Chemical Gear in there, yep, you heard me, if you're in the military you know exactly what I'm talking about.
When I hear the words "I need my chem gear today", I cringe. I know that within a few minutes there will be tons of duffel bags pulled out, masks, gloves, weird moon-walking-like boots and all sorts of other weird things.

So yeah, it's going to be a fun project to tackle....hey I might just use it for my "Tackle it Tuesday". :)

And with that my friends, it's time to go back inside. I did enjoy visiting with you, but now I need to get ready to head on over to your houses, it's MY turn to sit on your comfy chairs and hear about YOUR day.

13 comments:

Beck said...

Oh, you sound like my friend Bonnie! She loves flavoured teas and coffees, too. And I love nothing more than a nice long childless browse through a library! I get to go to a great one tomorrow, but sadly, with all three kids.

Sandy said...

What a great trip to the library. And my husband and I have been doing the odd jobs that never get done around here lately so I think I may need to borrow one of your books.

Beckyb said...

Maple Pecan - one of my favorites too!!! :)
Enjoyed your post - those are "my kind of days" too!!

Becky

Tina Leigh said...

SANDRA!!! I love your blog!! It took me forever to open it up...my dial-up is soo slow. 54 degrees!! I am jealous!! Beer Bread is one of my favorites. I'll visit more often!!! WOW!!

Michelle said...

You had a great day at the library! Enjoy the books and movies!

I had to laugh at the chem gear comment! Joe's stuff is all in the duffle bags in our outside storage area - no room for them in the house!

Looney Mom™ said...

Maple pecan coffee?? MMMMMM... I'm drooling. No fair to entice me and leave me here salivating. LOL!

Oh woman you are busy. You are my hero. I wish I could do all that you do. Your husband and children really are blessed.

Courtney said...

Cleaned Chem gear one too many times! LOL!
It was about 54 here this morning to but now it's about 94! Oh how I am ready for Fall.

I love ya girl,
Court ♥

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I enjoyed your post today. Thanks for sharing with us!

Pamela said...

Sandra, You had me at "Hello", lol and then all the way up to the porch swing with the aroma of that coffee til my eyeballs snapped back in my head with the 54 degrees comment, no way...it's just not possible, here is Florida it would never get below 90 degrees. hehe Hope you show the candlewicking when you finish. :)

Jen said...

Maple Pecan Coffee...and 54 degrees sounds wonderful. How great.
I'll be right over....
Jen

Christina said...

No, there is no place better than the library. I get such a kick out of your posts, not only because you are an awesome writer, but so many of the things you write about are the same for me. I definately know what you mean by chem gear, and we also keep it in the downstairs hall closet, and yes when he needs it he pulls out all his stuff, all over the floor, and expects my 3 year old not to touch any of it. He is very easy going so it is funny to watch him try to negotiate with the 3 year old not to touch any of daddy's stuff. We also have Airmans Attic on Hickam and the thrift store and I will be stopping there tomorrow. Good luck getting the closet done. I can't understand why they have so much stuff issured to them in the military and then why they can't keep it organized. If your hubby is like mine he will immediately say "we don't have enough room for me to organize it." I guess this makes sence, to a guy. Good luck anyway. Enjoy your reading. I always get a lot too. I always say I am not going to get more than one or two, but I definately get more like 10 every time.

Courtney said...

Hey Sandra!
I just came across this site & I really like it. You may already know about it but I thought you would like it too.
http://rubyglen.com/

Laurie said...

I love the library, I have been wanting forever to see Ladies in Lavender, let us know if it's any good. I remember chem gear days ( I used to have to wear it, and the mask makes you SWEAT). I really enjoy your posts!!