Friday, August 11, 2006

EVERYDAY THINGS!!! August 11th


"...For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11



"If you want any one thing too much it's likely to disappoint. The healthy way is to learn to like the everyday things, like soft beds and buttermilk..."-- Augustus McCrae-"Lonesome Dove"


I'm so glad I'm able to participate in this feature today. Remember if you want to join all the ladies appreciating their Everyday Things, just head on over to Julie at "Everyday Mommy".

So you want to know what Everyday Thing I find contentment in?

Today it's definitely my health and the fact that I'm here with my family.

If you read my blog daily, you will know that this past week while my mother in law was visiting, she told us that she'd been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Nothing like that kind of news to make you appreciate the fact that you're healthy.

We go by everyday just taking for granted that we're actually able to be with our children and our husband and sickness is the last thing on your mind.

Well today I'm embracing my health and thanking God for the opportunity to see another day, to enjoy my children, to laugh at my husband's silly jokes, to clean up after one of the dogs and to be able to say that at least at this moment in my life "I don't have to worry about the possibility of not being there in the long run".

What everyday thing are you thankful for today??? Do you want to share it with all of us??? If you do, I suggest you run on over to Julie's and add your name to the list, and while you're there be sure to check out the other Ladies sharing theirs too.

2 comments:

Beck said...

That's a great thing to be thankful for! And belated happy birthday to you - I hope it was great.

Barb said...

We DO take our good health for granted. Thank you for the reminder that I'm blessed. And I'm sorry about your mil. So sad. I hope they caught it early.