Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Uggghhhh.....Life has been crazy!

First I want to thank you for the comments left and I'm sorry if I worried anyone, I haven't been feeling well, pretty much the whole household is sick, with the exception of Jasmine.

I haven't gotten much sleep at all the past few days, I'm up with Nicholas all night and then this morning I finally closed my eyes and dozed off only to wake up at 7am. My alarm clock didn't go off but it's still on, how the heck did that happen???
I'm thinking I might have set it for 6 pm instead of am....just shows you how out of it I've been feeling lately.

I am feeling better today, just a little headache, but nothing major and honestly it's not that I've had a cold or something, it's just that I haven't had SLEEP. We all know that no rest makes for a cranky mommy doesn't it???

I'm SO looking forward to thanksgiving, the kids have thursday and friday off so it will be nice to just sit back, eat like a pig and sleep the day away. I for one am extremely excited about the sleeping part. LOL

I haven't even sent out my Christmas cards yet, got them all ready and definitely need to get them out, guess I'll do that when I run to the store later today. Been trying to put that off too but I need to make sure I have everything needed for the Thanksgiving Feast.

It's sad that it's always just the four of us, but you know we have so much to be thankful for in our lives and so many blessings, and honestly, we've gotten used to it being just us, no pressure to make the perfect meal or worry about guests and enough food etc. This is why we also end up having leftovers for a couple days after......hey, I'M.NOT.COMPLAINING. about having Turkey for a few days. :)

I would love to sit here and talk for a while more, but my head is pounding, my eyes hurt from staring at the screen AND I'm sure from the lack of sleep, and my little one is crying on the couch "I'm sick mommy I don't no feel good".....so I just wanted to pop in and say hi and let everyone know that I'm still alive and kicking.

Will come back tomorrow and do a nicer bigger post. Hope you're all having a great day and getting ready for Thanksgiving and if you don't get a chance to stop by before then, Have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING.

God bless,


13 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

feel better soon!

Looney Mom™ said...

Oh I'm right there with you Sister! Mom and 3 out of 4 kids sick! One stayed home today. I want to SLEEP too! Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Yey! you're aliiiiiive :) But boo hiss for feeling ill - poor you and poor kiddies! We aren't getting much sleep over here due to sick kiddy (again!). Hope you all feel better soon. Hugs.

Susanne said...

Hope your little guy feels better very soon so you can get some sleep! LOL to your eat like a pig comment. That certainly is what happens at Thanksgiving, isn't it?

Eden said...

I'm so thankful that you are alright!!
Hope you get plenty of SLEEP after the Thanksgiving meal, if not before.
Pray we get plenty of sleep tonight, please. We have 16 hours to drive tomorrow and last time we did this, DH fell asleep at the wheel and we ended up in a ditch and had to be towed. Very Scarry and Olyvia was only 2.5 months old!!!
Have a great Thanksgiving!
We will be in prayer for fast recovery for all.
Hugs

Sharon said...

Glad you are feeling just a little bit better. Enjoy the children and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know what you mean about not being with family. That is why my house is up for sale and I am going back up North. Family and friends are everything.

Christina said...

I hope you feel much better by the time Thanksgiving arrives.

I know what it's like just sharing this day with immediate family. We are having my neighbor over this year and her two kids because her hubby is still in Iraq so at least we are having a few guests. It is a little strange not having more family close by but I guess that is just the military life. We do have much to be thankful for so that is the best part.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Jen said...

I have been wondering where you were. I hope you and your family get better soon. Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

Courtney said...

I can not remember the last time I slept through the entire night with no interruptions. I hope you get some rest real soon. Have a great Holiday also:)

Barb said...

Isn't this just the worst time to be sick, Sandra? I swear, Contac is keeping my stuffed up head above water right now. It's even worse when the little ones are sick, too.

Rob and I had a few Thanksgivings, just the four of us. I know it seems like we should be surrounded by a huge family on Thanksgiving but the two years we lived away from everyone, those Thanksgivings were very special.

I hope you feel better soon and I so hope you get some much needed sleep. Being sleep deprived makes everything worse.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Michelle said...

sorry to hear the sickies have invaded your household! Hope you all are feeling well enough to enjoy a nice meal tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving!

Michelle said...

I hope that you feel better soon! I"m right there with you.Happy Thanksgiving.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Sandra, your four for dinner is double my list. Still I'm cooking, and theres always lots to be thankful for. I guess God knew we needed a really calm holiday this year. With your cooking its too bad you dont have a whole table full of people - they'd be awfully blessed to be there no doubt.