I apologize for there not being any Cooking Thursday lasts week but we were away on vacation, and usually I will leave the post up but between the traveling from one place to the other I honestly forgot about it. Will you forgive me???
Now here is today's recipe, one that your kids and adults, will love.
Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread
Credit: Confessions of a Foodie Bride
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 lbs pizza dough (I used refrigerated biscuits)
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (I used mozzarella sticks)
- 48 slices of Turkey pepperoni (from 1 package)
- 2-3 cups marinara sauce, warmed, for serving
- Heat garlic and butter over medium heat just until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat and let sit.
- Lightly brush the inside of a bundt pan (or other oven-safe dish) with garlic butter.
- Pull off large marble-sized balls of dough and flatten (a kitchen scale makes this very easy). Top with a slice of pepperoni and a cube of mozzarella.
- Wrap the dough around the pepperoni and cheese, pinching well to seal.
- Very lightly brush the pizza ball with garlic butter and place into the bundt pan (I dabbed the pizza balls on a butter-dipped silicon brush to keep butter use low - there will be 1+ Tbsp leftover - and my hands butter free. Buttery hands make it hard to get the pizza balls to seal).
- Repeat until all of the dough is used.
- Cover and let sit for 30 minutes, while preheating the oven to 400.
- Bake for ~35 minutes, until the top is very brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a platter and serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.