Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

Had an amazing week and now it's back to reality.  :)

(New HHM button)


The weather in my neck of the woods:
90 degrees right now and a 20 % chance of rain.  Oh if only it would rain.  Highest is supposed to be 108 today, perfect weather for staying inside.


Things that make me happy:
Being with my family, road trips and just talking


Book I'm reading:
Sarah's Quilt by Nancy E Turner


What's on my TV today:
Catching up on my DVR shows from last week


On the menu for dinner:
Chicken wings in a tomato sauce, mashed potatoes and corn.


On my To Do List:

Two more loads of laundry
Mopping the floors
Bathroom cleaning


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
While in Tombstone I picked up a cookbook of cowboy food and inside I found a recipe for Old West Ranch Style Barbecue Sauce.  I made it yesterday and used it with the ribs for dinner.  SO good.

Old West Ranch Style Barbecue Sauce


In the craft basket:
Blankies, pillows and all sorts of projects that I need to finish.


Looking forward to this week:
Getting Jasmine's school materials and curriculum and getting things set up for school


Tips and Tricks:
Having a little one that gets car sick, I always have to be careful when we're on the road somewhere.  I make sure that he is not allowed any kind of milk, cheese or any dairy because that just seems to make him really sick.  I keep sprite with me and some crackers handy, I also pack plastic bags for when/if he gets sick and an extra change of clothes, plus wipes.  I think the thing that works the best though is once we're out on open road, I let him lay down in the back seat, he still keeps his seat belt on but laying down definitely helps settle his tummy.




My favorite blog post this week:
Didn't get any blog reading done last week.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
^^^^^^^^ read above



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):





Lesson learned the past few days:

That you don't need to travel thousands of miles or pay a lot of money to stay in fancy hotels, when you can have an amazing vacation close to home.  All you have to do is research the area, talk to the locals and go out and have fun.


On my mind:
Beginning of school
Posts I need to make on the blog, so many things running through my mind and not enough time for everything


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:9

No comments: