Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good Morning everyone :)

Finishing up some things around here and then we're on the road for our mini vacation, I'm really looking forward to it at least to see some green trees and get some fresh air away from this desert.

I'll have my laptop and camera with me so I'll be able to stay in touch and show you what we're doing :)


(New HHM button)


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Had a nice thunderstorm in the middle of the night.  Today it's in the high 70's.  We're heading north where we're supposed to be getting more rain and temperatures not going above 80 which is going to feel really good compared to our 118 :)


Things that make me happy:
Sleeping while listening to the rain pounding on the roof


Book I'm reading:
Sarah's Quilt by Nancy E Turner


What's on my TV today:
Absolutely nothing


On the menu for dinner:
We're staying at cabins so that I can cook, it's much cheaper than heading out to dinner somewhere, so the family has requested spaghetti.


On my To Do List:

Grab some ice for the cooler
Finish packing the kitchen essentials I'll need and get on the road


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Not new but.....Magic Cookie Bars


2011_07080076


In the craft basket:
Crocheted Strawberries


Looking forward to this week:
Spending time with my family on vacation, checking out some cool places and just having fun


Tips and Tricks:
When packing to go somewhere, I like to roll my clothes instead of folding them.  It gives me a lot more space and it also helps keep the clothes from wrinkling.




My favorite blog post this week:
This great post on how to make a Pottery Barn inspired US Flag at Between Naps on the Porch


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Bobo Bun


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


Bird Seed Wreath




Lesson learned the past few days:

One I'm constantly learning, to give it to God and LET.IT.GO.  I don't know why it's so hard for me to do that but I struggle with it on a daily basis.


On my mind:
Summer vacation
Family


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

No comments: