Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

(New HHM button)


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Had a nice storm last night, today it's cloudy again and 79 degrees right now, feels wonderful :)


Things that make me happy:
Weekends


Book I'm reading:
Sarah's Quilt by Nancy E Turner


What's on my TV today:
Not sure, whatever is on the DVR I guess


On the menu for dinner:
Fettucine Alfredo


On my To Do List:

Iron clothes, put away
Clean bathrooms
Vacuum bedrooms


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Malasadas, Portuguese snack that I haven't had in a really long time.


Malasadas

In the craft basket:
Same as before, haven't been crocheting at all so have a few things in there needing my attention


Looking forward to this week:
Hubby back on a normal shift so it will be nice to have him home for dinner :)  Getting the kids Homeschooling material sorted out and ready for school.


Tips and Tricks:
Got nothing this week, sorry




My favorite blog post this week:
Didn't get any blog reading done last week.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
^^^^^^^^ read above



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):





Lesson learned the past few days:

That life is short and that you have to make the effort to stay in touch with those you love.  Having all my family in South Africa is so hard, I want to just pick up the phone and call them constantly but unfortunately I can't, so we're all making a conscious decision to try REALLY hard to stay in touch, through Skype or whatever else we have available.  I love being able to talk to everyone but especially my grandma, I miss her so much :)


On my mind:
Homeschooling


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Do everything in love.
1 Corinthians 16:14

No comments: