Friday, July 29, 2011

Sometimes you just gotta unplug

 Artwork by Anna Rose


There's no use in denying that we live in a time and place where technology is all around us and in it's eagerness to make things simple, I feel that it's actually doing the opposite for me.  It's removing the simple things that make a home and a family.

I am sure you are wondering where I disappeared to and the answer is simple, I didn't, I'm here, just decided to unplug from this internet and recharge with what matters.

I have never wanted to let myself  become so attached to the internet and the online world that I would start to lose who I was, start to neglect the world around me, or my house and while that didn't happen, I can tell you that it came very close.  Why?  Because I was more worried about if I had a post on blogger or what was happening on facebook.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I'm human, I mess up and just like everyone else I do tend to lose myself in certain things, but I think the difference is in knowing when that is happening and being able to see it for what it is.

So I unplugged, I removed myself from all of that and I have really enjoyed doing it.

2009_07030007

I won't begin to attempt to even remotely say that internet, online, facebook etc is bad for everyone, that would just be naive on my part, but I can speak for myself and I have realized that so much time is spent on those sites that it tends to start chipping away at the real life, at the things that matter.........and I won't even try to say how much I loathe the whole feel of being back in high school, with the drama, with the cliques, with people thinking that everything I say on there is somehow directed at them because you know, I don't have my own life to worry about.

Unplugged!!!!! 

Do I think I will leave it all for good, no, that would be silly of me, but for now, yes, I'm stepping away, I will come in and post the usual Happy Homemaker Monday and Cooking Thursday and there are a few book reviews that will have to get posted too.  But, I've also decided that when I do get back to blogging full time that I may just change the feel of this blog.

I got lost along the way.  I admit it.  My blog used to be about ME and my family, what we were doing and that seems to have disappeared and been replaced with reviews, giveaways, posts that don't really say anything about me or my life, just random generalized stuff that I don't think portrays who I really am.

I am a wife, I am a mother, I am a homeschooling mom and most of all I am a woman who adores her family, adores taking care of the house, cooking and cleaning.

I am NOT a socialite, I'm NOT interested in being on facebook and competing with people over who gets the most comments or who has the most interesting status, I'm not interested in using facebook to push my beliefs on anyone or get lost in the drama.  It's now who I am and I'm making a conscious decision to leave that behind, to move forward and to once again assert myself into my blog who really is a mirror of my personality.....or at least it WAS in the past.

I've had a lot of time to think, to put things into perspective and to recognize what I was doing wrong and now I'm on the path to fixing it, to make it better for ME.

I hope you will all still be around and will follow me through this crazy time, I'm not going away, I'm not leaving the blog for good, heck I'm not even saying I'm taking an Hiatus.  I'm saying that I am needing some time to think to figure out all the puzzle pieces and where they fit and then I'll be back on here.

As for Facebook, I might go on and play Frontierville for a little but that is about the extent of it. 

So now you know what I've been doing, what I'm thinking and where I'm headed, not that I felt I need to give anyone an explanation but I've grown to know a lot of you well and consider you friends :)

Without saying goodbye, I'll say be back very soon ;)

No comments: