Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I know it's kind of late but I've been taking it easy today.

I just wanted to come in to wish you all a very Happy 4th of July, hope you had a wonderful day celebrating with your family and friends but most of all, I hope everyone stayed safe.

We had a good day, we stayed home, had some barbecue ribs, steaks and hamburgers, deviled eggs, potato salad and some of that Red, White and Blue Flag Cake.

The rest of the day I have spent either relaxing on the couch or laying in bed.

I pulled a muscle about a week and a half ago, a hip/groin muscle while exercising and it is just aggravating me.  It looks a little swollen still, it's not painful at all, but it definitely feels tight and pulled and it's in such a place that it will take a few weeks to heal because it's being moved and pulled with every thing I do...whether I'm sitting, walking or laying, it's just in one of those spots that is always being worked.  Such is life huh????

But I haven't just been sitting around being bored, I've used this time to catch up on my crochet blanket and have actually finished it......it's blocking as we speak and it's SO pretty, I am just in love with it, definitely a TA-DA moment for me.

Cath Kidstons inspired blanket

Started my morning with all my granny squares finished and lined up. I played around with them until I found the pattern I wanted.

Cath Kidstons inspired blanket

A lot of sewing, there's so much work that goes into a homemade item and I think that is what makes it as special as it is.

Cath Kidstons inspired blanket

After an hour and a half, it was done....and of course I had to take a pic right away, even though it's obviously not blocked as you can see by the curling going on.

Cath Kidstons inspired blanket

It makes me smile, so big.

2011_07040012

It's the perfect size lap blanket but it could easily turn into a big blanket, if I make another 3 like it and sew them all together....but honestly for now, I would rather leave it as is and just enjoy the moment.

2011_07040032

I'm so thrilled with the colors I picked, I have to say that they are probably my favorite.

Cath Kidstons inspired blanket

It feels so soft

Cath Kidstons inspired blanket

But I had to part with it and get it blocking, of course the easiest way would have been to block them BEFORE sewing them together but I am too inpatient and couldn't wait.  Oh well.....it's blocking now and by tomorrow it will be a thing of beauty, or rather, and even bigger thing of beauty.

Cath Kidstons inspired blanket

But that's not all I made, I couldn't help but try out the Molliemakes Magazine Apple Cozies.  Oh my word, talk about cute.

Apple Cozy

I'm sure you're wondering why on earth an apple would need a cozy or what exactly the purpose is, but other than it looking adorable I can see it being very handy if you're lugging around apples in your purse for lunch or a quick snack :)

Apple Cozy

Very gratifying crochet day for me.

I think I'm going to go steal another hamburger and then settle down with a good book or maybe a movie with the family. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An apple cozy is genius. Want.